I thunk this team could run the table... Only teams | Syracusefan.com

I thunk this team could run the table... Only teams

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
I am remotely concerned about would be louisville and a possible duke match up, obviously anything can happen in one game but this team has it all... Not great low post play but that left the college game years ago

I am remotely concerned about would be louisville and a possible duke match up, obviously anything can happen in one game but this team has it all... Not great low post play but that left the college game years ago

Love ya IB but lets not get crazy, the BE is and will be tough, this team could easily drop a handful of games. Lets enjoy the ride and see how it plays out.

We will have no fewer than 4 losses this year, I would bet. To whom? No idea right now. But it'll happen.

I do think we will get to right around 30 wins though.

Could you imagine if one of this team's bigs had a really reliable go to move? A drop step, a baby hook or a fall back 7 footer? They'd have to give us the trophy right now.

Free throw shooting will come back to bite us if we do not get better than we were tonight. In a close game, the other team will foul at every opportunity if we can't make free throws. That is my biggest worry right now.

Free throw shooting will come back to bite us if we do not get better than we were tonight. In a close game, the other team will foul at every opportunity if we can't make free throws. That is my biggest worry right now.
I agree with you. However, our only FT shooters tonight that caused problems were our big men; I don't recall MCW, Southerland, Cooney, Triche (I believe he missed 1) missing many FTs. If we're in a Big East game and our big men struggle from the line as bad as we did tonight, I'll take it because that means the other team will have serious foul trouble.

Grant has struggled at the line, but it's not as if he's going to play 30 mins a game.

This after a win over Monmouth.
2012-11-11-17-15-10--342266388.jpg

Grant has struggled at the line, but it's not as if he's going to play 30 mins a game.
The first time that I watched Grant play in HS, he was 11-22 from the line. I have a feeling he's going to be very up n down in that department at SU.

I stand by what I've been saying in the game chat room-- we (IMO) will have one or two What losses this year. Let's keep them away from march though.

I think Duke and Florida might run the table in conference play. The ACC and SEC are very weak this year. Notice I didn't talk about us doing it.

I've watched everybody play, and we are just as good as duke or Florida. Not that impressed by the big east so far. We get don't have to play at Notre dame this year. We don't play at Cincinnati. I think our toughest games on paper are at Pittsburgh, at Louisville, and at uconn.i think we're looking at 30 wins again this year. I understand that we shouldn't be overly confident,but I don't understand the pessimism of some people. In a lot of ways this team has the potential to be more exciting than last year. I loved dion, but him and krisjo dominated the ball in a lot of iso situations. This team is much better at passing and moving without the ball.

Combination of Duke's outside shooting and Plumlee underneath and we wouldn't beat them today. Plumlee would eat Coleman alive. The guy could score 40. Maybe by the end of the year, DC will improve enough on defense to hold him to a 20-10 which may or may not be enough depending on how hot they get from 3. Indiana could be the same story with Zeller. The best reason for us to want a #1 seed is to give IU and Duke the most chance of somehow getting knocked out before we'd have to face them. I just feel they are built to exploit our weaknesses.

Combination of Duke's outside shooting and Plumlee underneath and we wouldn't beat them today. Plumlee would eat Coleman alive. The guy could score 40. Maybe by the end of the year, DC will improve enough on defense to hold him to a 20-10 which may or may not be enough depending on how hot they get from 3. Indiana could be the same story with Zeller. The best reason for us to want a #1 seed is to give IU and Duke the most chance of somehow getting knocked out before we'd have to face them. I just feel they are built to exploit our weaknesses.
Honestly vs. Plumlee or Zeller I think we just rotate DC/Rak/BMK at the 5, use the 15 fouls, and physically wear them down by the end of the game.

Unfortunately for us, our "weakness" can be exploited by almost any team in the country. If anyone can get really hot from 3 against us, we'll be in trouble. Duke to me isn't as scary as IU because they don't have as many weapons are seem fairly one dimensional at this point. But if we can get out to the shooters and hold them to around a 35% clip and rebound decently, we win easily, vs. IU or Duke.

Neither are close to as intimidating as UK was last year though, and I think we are more balanced offensively than we were a year ago.

Had Deing played Duke would have lost. If VCU could have not shot so poorly they would have beaten Duke. The only game I have been impressed with Duke was yesterday. We would beat Duke today. Shut down Curry and contain Plumlee.

In the immortal words of Mr. Wolf...
Mr-Wolf.jpg

"...let's not start..."

Undefeated. Lets just hope we have no injuries or suspensions it's the only thing getting in the way of this team and cutting down the nets in Atlanta, we may have a What loss but I fully expect this team to win it all, those are my expectations after watching this team and what else is out there

I agree with what you are saying but neither one of those teams has a player who can defend MCW, and neither play zone. I see him getting in the lane at will plus our zone will be able to limit post touches MWC will have the ball on every play. I'm not saying we would win, but I would love to play either one or both of those schools.

If there is one thing we know about SU...expect the unexpected in years when we have a chance to win it all.

We will have no fewer than 4 losses this year, I would bet. To whom? No idea right now. But it'll happen.

I do think we will get to right around 30 wins though.

Seems like the right number. I feel like at this point I'm comfortable saying we can run the table in non conference. Lets say, just for the sake of argument, we don't win either the BET or the NCAA tournament, meaning that's 2 losses right there. We have 3 really tough road games, Lville, Pitt, and Gtown. Lville and Pitt are the 2 highest ranked Pomeroy teams we play and also 2 teams we have struggled with, though we handled both last year.

Pomeroy gives us a projected record of 4 losses in the regular season, with only 2 games where we'd be dogs (at Lville and Pitt). I'm going to say 15-3 in the BE.

Even after last night's debacle at the line, 3 guys are shooting well into the 70%s, 3 guys are at 80% or better. Keita and DC are at 50%, only Grant is really bad. DC is an interesting case because he will shoot 5/5 one night and 0/5 another.

Had Deing played Duke would have lost. If VCU could have not shot so poorly they would have beaten Duke. The only game I have been impressed with Duke was yesterday. We would beat Duke today. Shut down Curry and contain Plumlee.

And who, pray tell, is going to shut down Plumlee? Curry maybe, but Duke has a "team" not just a couple of individuals. We aren't ready for them yet. Maybe in March, but not now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom