I tortured myself and watched the Michigan game on youtube | Syracusefan.com

I tortured myself and watched the Michigan game on youtube

Alsacs

Living Legend
Thankfully it was Jay Bilas and Brad Nessler on the call for ESPN International, and Bilas vindicated my belief in him as the best college analyst when he was thoroughly disgusted by the charge call on Triche down 2 at the end. If anyone else wants to torture themselves here is the link.

Sorry, I can't do it. Too soon.

P.S. But beating IU in the sweet 16, SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!

Well I was having a good day until this game got brought up. Perhaps we can revisit the ohio state craft hack fest/fatboy sulli charge fest and the butler kj suplex while we're at it?

Wow haven't watched since then and boy its just like I remember Morgan slidng in late and moving. Bilas is dead on, its a joke and it ruined the end of the game whether we would have won or not blatantly bad calls that give he ball to the other team rather than allow one team to shoot ft's suck at the end of games. Not to mention losing said player to the bench. The weird thing is that the official is in perfect position on the baseline to see Triche taking off as Morgan slides in and Morgan continuing to slide in toward Triche after he is in the air.

Well I was having a good day until this game got brought up. Perhaps we can revisit the ohio state craft hack fest/fatboy sulli charge fest and the butler kj suplex while we're at it?
Sorry, I was just looking our highlights from the Indiana game and this Michigan game came up. It had Bilas/Nessler rather than the CBS bunch and Jay Bilas just disgusted with that crappy game really made me feel better even though its long gone.

Alsacs post: 843066 said:
Sorry, I was just looking our highlights from the Indiana game and this Michigan game came up. It had Bilas/Nessler rather than the CBS bunch and Jay Bilas just disgusted with that crappy game really made me feel better even though its long gone.

No worries, I aint mad at ya.

Now if you'll excuse me I have holes in my drywall to fix.

The dead silence from Bilas watching the replay was telling he was pissed. If you want to hear Bilas its from 1:30:49 till 1:31:12 its must listen to hear him disgusted.

I felt bad for Cooney having to make a play at the end of the game when last year he wasn't really able to make it

F@#k!!! Why did I watch the ending of this!

Man thinking back we have really been crushed by officiating in the last several NCAA tourney. Hard not to think of agendas.

Bilas at the end..."Did he walk, who knows". Yes you do know, Jay.

Watching that sh!tshow at the end of the game hurt. You gotta wonder how many times the starting backcourt for a team fouls out of a game that does not go into OT, and plays zone the high majority of possessions.

Wow I forgot what a terrible call that charge was. We played so bad in that game offensively

Until we play them again and kick their butts, I cannot watch this. But fios on demand was showing it and I have to admit I was tempted.

Can you post the Butler game next. Maybe some TJ Sorrentine highlights. The 2nd half collapse against Louisville in the BET (09 and 13)? ;)

F@#k!!! Why did I watch the ending of this!

Man thinking back we have really been crushed by officiating in the last several NCAA tourney. Hard not to think of agendas.

Watched the bad charge call, but couldn't bring myself to watch the end of the game.

Not only an epically bad call, but the second year in a row.

Finally, the NCAA had had enough and implemented a rule change .. starting this year. The change was little consolation for BT (and many SU fans). He had amazing NCAA runs his last two years in college --- despite getting screwed at the end of both games by horrible "charging" calls.

Amazing that that call even mattered. Beilein completely choked that lead away; we were playing our worst game in a month and he went to the stall with over 10:00 to go and let us right back in. Then the striped guys took it away.

Ugh.

Jay's great.

And that's why CBS doesn't pick him up in March anymore.

That charge call was terrible. Too bad Triche career ended with that. Enigmatic and underrated at the same time, Triche has to be close to the top of the list in most games played at SU. I really enjoyed watching him play.

That charge call was terrible. Too bad Triche career ended with that. Enigmatic and underrated at the same time, Triche has to be close to the top of the list in most games played at SU. I really enjoyed watching him play.
Didn't he start every game he was at SU for all 4 years?

Thankfully it was Jay Bilas and Brad Nessler on the call for ESPN International, and Bilas vindicated my belief in him as the best college analyst when he was thoroughly disgusted by the charge call on Triche down 2 at the end. If anyone else wants to torture themselves here is the link.

It was a horrible call. Anybody who thinks differently has been brainwashed by like 15 years of horrible college bball officiating and coaches taking full advantage of it.

It was a horrible call. Anybody who thinks differently has been brainwashed by like 15 years of horrible college bball officiating and coaches taking full advantage of it.

it was the wrong call, but it wasn't a terrible call . . . seems worse to us because a bucket or free throws tie the game

the terrible call was the call on MCW for his 4th foul.

it was the wrong call, but it wasn't a terrible call . . . seems worse to us because a bucket or free throws tie the game

Any block/charge call that's gotten wrong is terrible to me, because it happens so often. Maddening. It's really decreased my enjoyment of watching basketball.

And yeah, MCW's was horrible.

That was pretty ridiculous and a worse call, agreed. I think the call against Brandon was horrible because of the position of the ref who called it. He's on the baseline with Brandon coming right at him. Its the best possible angle to see that Morgan is sliding in and in fact still moving sideways when contact is made and Brandon is in the air. I mean that's the dudes job and he is in great position yet screws it up. The time and score obviously make it stick out even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom