I tortured myself and watched the Michigan game on youtube | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I tortured myself and watched the Michigan game on youtube

That was some ugly $#@! basketball. I believe there was more mugging on the court during that game than occurred in NYC at the same time. That was fugly. I don't watch basketball to see a football game breakout. Wow. :bang:

That was some ugly $#@! basketball. I believe there was more mugging on the court during that game than occurred in NYC at the same time. That was fugly. I don't watch basketball to see a football game breakout. Wow. :bang:

Yeah, I should watch it just to see how many fouls Mitch McGary actually committed. The over/under on that is 12.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch that replay. It was bad enough being on hand to experience it live.

The frustrating thing about that game was how poorly we played offensively, in general. CJ was very solid, and Triche had a decent game [tons of assists, as I recall]. But we got a grand total of 7 points from MCW and Southerland. And all five of Southerland's points came in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Too little, too late from some pretty damn important offensive cogs for us. Really a shame that we collectively laid an egg in such an important game, because despite how poorly we played, it was winnable. Amazing to recognize that just a shot or two here or there throughout the entire course of the game would have been all it would have taken to win and advance to the national championship game.

Oh Lord

That game, unfortunately, was lost in the first half. Cuse did what they had to do to get back in it, and those terrible calls were daggers (Michigan was clearly on the ropes). But to come out like that in the first half and expend all that energy to come back was a bit much. And Southerland was missing everything. MCW was pretty bad. Just an off game.

Every year I drive to Syracuse and meet some great friends who live in NYC now for a game. Last year it was the Georgetown debacle. However on a whim we all decided to meet up to watch the Final Four at Chucks (I'm 37...no college years ties to the place but a lot of pre and post games.)...

We met around 2 at the Crown Plaza (or old holiday inn?...the round place) after I ran up to the book store to get my Final Four gear...Then we began to drink...my pal Jeff opened a 20 year old bottle of Jack to toast Syracuse's 5th Final Four...then Faegans...then Chucks...it was raucous in there...I was with my own...I was pretty drunk... I went further than I planned because I was there for the game first and foremost.

I can recall the details of the game...the mood of my peers and the couple hundred in that Orange sweatbox called Chucks...but I can't recall the heartache of the moment ...I will never watch that Michigan game again. Forever that 2013 NCAA tournament, for me, will be about beating Indiana and that special weekend where Syracuse made their 5th Final Four...plus I got kicked out of Blue Tusk later that night. That was confusing and nonsensical... Go Orange. 2013 was special.

IMG_20130406_205837_215.jpg

Any block/charge call that's gotten wrong is terrible to me, because it happens so often. Maddening. It's really decreased my enjoyment of watching basketball.

And yeah, MCW's was horrible.
if they get that call right, then Hardaway has 4 fouls and MCW is going to the line with a chance to cut the lead to 2 . . . instead, MCW is the one with 4 and Hardaway sinks two to push the lead to 6. Even though SU eventually cut the lead back to 1, that play was the game changer, IMO.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch that replay. It was bad enough being on hand to experience it live.

The frustrating thing about that game was how poorly we played offensively, in general. CJ was very solid, and Triche had a decent game [tons of assists, as I recall]. But we got a grand total of 7 points from MCW and Southerland. And all five of Southerland's points came in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Too little, too late from some pretty damn important offensive cogs for us. Really a shame that we collectively laid an egg in such an important game, because despite how poorly we played, it was winnable. Amazing to recognize that just a shot or two here or there throughout the entire course of the game would have been all it would have taken to win and advance to the national championship game.

Oh Lord
Southerland should have drove waayyyy more last year. I know he doesn't have the best handle, but he's a powerful finisher around the rim and athletically he's hard to keep up with; it would have made defenses be more honest as well. It felt like if he didn't hit any 3s he didn't do anything offensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom