I wail say this, on a human level I am really becoming disappointed | Syracusefan.com

I wail say this, on a human level I am really becoming disappointed

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
In the crap talking amongst fan bases. Clemson fans were a bunch of trash and from what I saw of our fans we weren't any better, really starting to ruin the experience. People look like such losers when they feel the need to trade insults etc. people should just enjoy the freaking game. I had sucking as much as the next guy but had a great tailgate with old friends and kids, etc. just really disappointing to see people acting like such scum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

its gets old having the tailgate be the best experience going to a game -
just have a picnic at home and invite them -

Last edited:
In the crap talking amongst fan bases. Clemson fans were a bunch of trash and from what I saw of our fans we weren't any better, really starting to ruin the experience. People look like such losers when they feel the need to trade insults etc. people should just enjoy the freaking game. I had sucking as much as the next guy but had a great tailgate with old friends and kids, etc. just really disappointing to see people acting like such scum

Trash talking is a big thing in sports today on and off the field. Majority of fans are "happier" with the other team losing than their own team winning. With twitter, facebook, and other social media its about putting down and being mean spirited towards your opponent first chance you get and rubbing it in their face.

Even a so called "very respected" person on this board after we lost to Northwestern ran here and was quick to point out that Northwestern basketball never won a tournament game or something...who the hell cares? It's like why bring that up? Can't you just congratulate Northwestern on the win and not have to find some out of the way fact to rub in their face after they just beat you like a drum in football. Trash talking is out of control and at the stadiums its way out of control especially when you get people filled with "beer"

There were a few on this board that fed into the crap that was talked. How can one compliance about they opponent fans on this board when they respond by calling them hillbillies along with other rude remarks?

Shurg for the most part I was treated well today.
My buddy got a beer cup thrown at him (empty) we were loud and cheered on our Tigers but never disparaging to 'Cuse.

Good trip, Ill come back.

Tailgating and hanging out with lifelong friends and family never gets old for me. I dont like sucking but the fact that people have to run their mouths, act like douche bags and scum gets old. People seem to forget that many have kids with us, etc. I don't mind the language or intense competition but people insulting one another overa football game is ridiculous

I t
its gets old having the tailgate be the best experience going to a game -
just have a picnic at home and invite them -
SU won 6 games in a row at home before this game so that's a ridulous comment. Clemson is REALLY good. The best team I've ever seen in the dome.

most of those left who go to games remember when we could actually play competitive football- and the frustration just takes over -

we are as big a joke today nationally as when under robinson - last years bowl game is all but forgotten by everyone other than su fans

Tailgating and hanging out with lifelong friends and family never gets old for me. I dont like sucking but the fact that people have to run their mouths, act like douche bags and scum gets old. People seem to forget that many have kids with us, etc. I don't mind the language or intense competition but people insulting one another overa football game is ridiculous

It is not unique to sports; It has infiltrated all parts of life. People no longer feel the need to be respectful on any level.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

IMO, talking trash after getting completely outplayed is on par with the celebration antics of some of the SU players.

The Clemson fans that stopped by the tailgate were great.
And here's the difference between real life and the internet.

Anyone can say anything online. 90% of the people who talk smack online are perfectly nice people in person. The anonymity of a message board allows people to just act like jerks. I've done so myself, and I'm not proud. Well, it was the Mizzou game last year and they were REALLY jerks, so I'm a little proud.

I didn't have a problem with any Clemson fans at the Dome today. I actually didn't have any issue with any of the 'drive bys' this week on this site. I engaged with a couple of them but is was good natured...IMHO. OK, I am older so I don't take football as seriously as I used too. Maybe that is it?

This is why I don't enjoy big event games as much. Too much of that element at the game.

Also, I'm so disgusted by our offensive play-calling that I want to punch something. Mostly that.

most of those left who go to games remember when we could actually play competitive football- and the frustration just takes over -

we are as big a joke today nationally as when under robinson - last years bowl game is all but forgotten by everyone other than su fans

Who the cares? Is your identity wrapped up in what people outside this fanbase think about the program?

Remember when we could actually play, you mean like last year? You should get that short term memory loss checked.

Who the cares? Is your identity wrapped up in what people outside this fanbase think about the program?

Remember when we could actually play, you mean like last year? You should get that short term memory loss checked.
what part about national respect and better recruiting dont you comprehend?

what part about national respect and better recruiting dont you comprehend?

Clemson got DESTROYED by WVU two years ago in a BCS bowl. Maybe you remember the game, it was in all the papers. But then again I expect you wouldn't, what with the short term memory loss and all.

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up. The score was 70-33.

Didn't seem to hurt them any.

wow- i guess you didnt understand the bcs bowl part of your post-its a shame when you dont even understand yourself

The Clemson fans that stopped by the tailgate were great.
Ran into a bunch of Clemson fans at the Chili's in Clay just now. Great people! Great fans. All classy

I really didn't see any of that. I saw only good natured banter before the game.

But I wasn't really near any Clemson fans during or after the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom