I want freshman lydon back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I want freshman lydon back

He gets all his points off dump offs, put backs and pick n pop threes.

He doesn't have much of a post game so we become stagnant and inefficient when we force it to him there.

He can't dribble so we can't have him ISO anyone.

He's a good player who's reliant on playing within the offense.

Excuse my bitterness because I'll absolutely admit that I'm biased due to being sick of everyone else in the ACC getting studs to stay extra years and we apparently have role players going pro now.

Lydon is keyed on often and has his hands full underneathbut he fights and does get open. That said, I have been pissed off watching this team on occasion intentionally not dishing him the ball whether he is underneath or on the wing, it seems they would rather not give him the ball unless it's a called play.

If I can see it, then he can see it! I'd like it to stop because I haven't been imagining it over the last several games and I'm sure it can hurt morale especially when you battle like he has in Robersons absence. Cannot win if guys are playing favorites!

Without Lydon this team wouldn't win "Ten Fu&^en Games This Year"!

Go watch Roberson last year and tell me who is soft this year!

Lydon is keyed on often and has his hands full underneathbut he fights and does get open. That said, I have been pissed off watching this team on occasion intentionally not dishing him the ball whether he is underneath or on the wing, it seems they would rather not give him the ball unless it's a called play.

If I can see it, then he can see it! I'd like it to stop because I haven't been imagining it over the last several games and I'm sure it can hurt morale especially when you battle like he has in Robersons absence. Cannot win if guys are playing favorites!

Without Lydon this team wouldn't win "Ten Fu&^en Games This Year"!

Go watch Roberson last year and tell me who is soft this year!
I'll agree with this. Gillon misses him about 5-6 times per game for an open three.

He doesn't have much of a post game so we become stagnant and inefficient when we force it to him there.

Excuse my bitterness because I'll absolutely admit that I'm biased due to being sick of everyone else in the ACC getting studs to stay extra years and we apparently have role players going pro now.

Kid has tremendous footwork and post moves for someone with such shot range, AND he's only a sophomore. You forget he's playing with a freshmen who cannot play defense and a senior who forgot how to rebound.

If you think he lacks post moves you are blind! What he lacks is a power forward... err actually he lacks a center! Blame it on the disasters around him like Coleman and Roberson!

You mean the guy averaging 14-8-2, shooting 50/43/82 percent while logging nearly 40 mpg at the 5? Yeah he's exceeded my expectations for his sophomore year
This is a bit strong. If 14 and 8 exceeded your expectations then u had a low bar. Lydon has been good. Nothing amazing though. He's still far and away our 2nd best player though.
i was pretty well on record saying he's start the year as our best player but wouldn't finish that way. And no I don't think all players will be 25-10 guys...

God forbid we have a good player that plays within the offense !

He's doubled in the post because both the staff and players have failed to improve our post play this year. He is not good enough to take double teams on while playing 40 minutes.

Not too many sophomores are, if he was he would have left after one year.

God forbid we have a good player that plays within the offense !
It's called being a role player. Role players are inconsistent and can't get their own points. They depend on others to help them produce.

Somehow we have a role player going pro after 2 years.

Again, I'll fully admit I'm just being bitter. Marcus Paige, Justin Jackson, Grayson Allen etc all come back for extra years and they are legit go to guys. We have role players bouncing after 2 years now.

Lydon doesn't force anything. I do think he is perhaps better suited as a 3rd/4th option, but you have to applaud a guy who doesn't just start shooting because he wants points. He is clearly getting a lot of focus from opposing defenses and he's not a guy to force 12 shots and go 3/12 and I respect that. You could however aruge that 9 bad shots from Lydon is better than 9 "good" shots from other guys

Bs, he is supposed to be a leader and set the tone. He is playing soft. Doesn't contest shots at the rim or drive to the bucket aggressively. But bc of his freshman year, his height, and the fact he plays at cuse, the league and his camp will be blind thinking he is an NBA prospect at this point.

He turned his ankle pretty good at the end of the Clemson game.

There's this^ and as I asked in another thread, if Battle was ill isn't it possible Lydon had it also and just sucked it up and tried his best? :noidea:

There's this^ and as I asked in another thread, if Battle was ill isn't it possible Lydon had it also and just sucked it up and tried his best? :noidea:
No way. Uh uh. I read here he's soft. :rolleyes:

It's called being a role player. Role players are inconsistent and can't get their own points. They depend on others to help them produce.

Somehow we have a role player going pro after 2 years.

Again, I'll fully admit I'm just being bitter. Marcus Paige, Justin Jackson, Grayson Allen etc all come back for extra years and they are legit go to guys. We have role players bouncing after 2 years now.

Justin Jackson didn't have Lydons numbers as a Sophomore.

I agree with OP, but to a slight lesser degree. It seems he's been overly timid this season. I have noticed multiple times where it looks like he wants to take a shot but passes it away. This is not the same shoeless Lydon as last season.

I want freshman Lydon back if we can still have sophomore Lydon, and have two nearly identical Lydons on the floor at the same time.

I think Tyler needs to be a bit more selfish and assertive at times...he definitely seems comfortable being a 2nd or 3rd option way to often.

I def thought he would take the reigns and put up huge numbers this year...I was wrong and that's ok...he is still having a fine season.

Frankly I don't put a ton of stock into the draft projections at this point...way to much left to be played and if a number of guys blow up in march that can have a major influence on where players end up being projected.

Last year he was a surprise to everyone not on the team. Plus he was the 4th option. He came in this year a Wooden candidate, expected to be among the top 15 players in the ACC and the 1st option on offense. I'd say that teams are definitely playing him differently. And they STILL let him take wide open 3's from the top of the key! Gillon is serviceable at PG but get SU a really good PG and Lydon's ppg stats would sore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom