I want SU to win as bad as anyone but.... | Syracusefan.com

I want SU to win as bad as anyone but....

No. These kids are tremendous athletes and in great shape. These kids get a rest every 4 minutes and a breather at every foul shot. They are not physically tired. Mentally? maybe. I get a little tired of this argument.

Would've liked to have seen Gbinije, Roberson etc. get more time.

This loss is awful. But going into Cameron Saturday with tired starters will be worse.

MENTAL fatigue. Ding ding ding.

Against Pitt JB subbed out Fair for a minute and then he came back in and hit two big shots. Sometimes just seeing the game from the sideline is all it takes.

Nah, our top-10 forward recruit who lit up many other freshman playing on other teams prior to this year isn't good enough to sniff the court. For the record I agree with JB mostly on this, but when you have a guy like CJ who is so completely off his game you have to give him a break to compose his head, not his stamina. Mentally kids this age need breaks and it also helps to just see the game being played from a different perspective.

Glad to see someone else agrees, I posted a thread similar to this not too long ago and all I received was flame. Interesting what one loss does...Lets just hope we put this one behind us and stick it to puke.

This is the entire problem with this team!! Is it really difficult to see?? I mean NO ONE on this team is playing well right now. These guys are burnt out You can't play guys 40 minutes a game night after night.

There's physical, mental and emotional fatigue The constant last second type games are taking a toll. These kids are human they aren't machines like some of you seem to think

Horrible mismanagement of the minutes; tonight was a long time coming.

And then Boeheim wastes our one reserve guard at forward (as his only sub), leaving Ennis and Cooney sucking wind. Did everyone see Cooney run tonight? He can't even lift his knees; he just shuffles his feet along.

I just can't believe BJ Johnson hasn't had any run at the 2, or Buss... Need another perimeter threat who can spread things out. No one is making jump shots

Playing reserves is always going to be an issue with Boeheim. I think he could manage bench minutes better.

But he is hard headed on this issue. If anything Jim is totally consistent and committed to his plan, vision and game management.

This full unwavering commitment is what has made this program great, even if a few of his quirks can be questioned at times.

You have to take the good with the bad.

Ennis looks worn out -- can only turn it on in spurts.
Christmas seems to benefit from the extra minutes.

Cooney & Gbinije sub in and out, should be rested -- and neither one was making plays on the offensive end. Can criticize CJ for being off with his shooting (maybe fatigue) but at least he had the guts to make some moves with the ball. Would be good to see more from the others.

It's not just the minutes. Tonight we had ZERO points off the bench. Most games we get very little if any. So if a starter is having an off game, there is nobody coming off the bench to provide a spark and make up the shortfall. Think about how many times the last few years either Dion or Sutherland came off the bench and provided key points to lead to a win. That's a real weakness of this team.

Stop with the tired excuse/no bench. Maybe it is just a question of talent? JB sees every practice. He knows what he has. Maybe he knows this team is just a house of cards.

it's really pointless to even discuss it because everyone knows Boeheim isn't going to budge on the topic. I love JB, but you there are a few things that i will just never agree with.

at this point of the season it's basically too late. i wish he would just use the non-conference schedule in Nov/Dec to develop our young guys. There is no way you can tell me that Tyler Roberson is going to hurt you if he get 7-8 minutes a game.

Guys wear down. I don't think it's a coincidence that our defense was virtually impossible to score on (minus tonight) the last 5 minutes of the game. The level of intensity our defense plays those 5 minutes is ridiculous. But it's also impossible to sustain that level of play the whole game. Keeping fresh legs helps, especially on the defensive end.

Horrible mismanagement of the minutes; tonight was a long time coming.

And then Boeheim wastes our one reserve guard at forward (as his only sub), leaving Ennis and Cooney sucking wind. Did everyone see Cooney run tonight? He can't even lift his knees; he just shuffles his feet along.

Yep...why we have a guy who's running his ass off on curls playing 40 mins. It is honestly ridiculous. But whatever...as has been stated we can't play the subs cause we might lose. Oops.

Nah, our top-10 forward recruit who lit up many other freshman playing on other teams prior to this year isn't good enough to sniff the court. For the record I agree with JB mostly on this, but when you have a guy like CJ who is so completely off his game you have to give him a break to compose his head, not his stamina. Mentally kids this age need breaks and it also helps to just see the game being played from a different perspective.
What top 10 recruit are you referring to? Roberson was not close to the top 10. Top 40 sure but not the elite player your post is making him out to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom