I want to take a tangent from the Scoop debate below. | Syracusefan.com

I want to take a tangent from the Scoop debate below.

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Regardless of which Scoop camp you are in, please realize that Scoop is the model that JB and SU can sell to prospective players and thier parents. Send your son to me. If he makes mistakes, we will stick by him. If he works hard in the class room and stays in school, he will get a degree. He will learn to speak in front of the media. If he is a good player and good person, he will get the opportunity to earn the right to travel the world playing basketball. We can't promise you the NBA, or even overseas basketball, but if your son does his part, he will leave a better, more rounded, well traveled young man who is ready for success in whatever he chooses to do.
That is what SU basketball is about. We are not about being a sham college for NBA in waiting kids. We are not about manipulating scholarships to get players. We are not about skirting the rules because the NCAA wouldn't dare touch us. We are really a throw back to what college sports is supposed to be about, for better or worse (I think for better, and so does the ACC).
We have two fine young men getting ready to leave us this year. No school has better "faces of the program" this year than SU has with Scoop and Kris. I want the Final Four this year as much as the next guy, and I really want it for these two, but regardless of that, they have already been very, very successful college basketball players and as an SU alum, I am proud that they will be joining my ranks.
Joyce, as an overseer of the University and friend of JB, I think you should be especially proud.

We are really a throw back to what college sports is supposed to be about, for better or worse (I think for better, and so does the ACC).

I love my alma mater, and I enjoy the hell out of this program, but man oh man, I would NEVER put us up on a pedestal like that.

Oh Lord

Carmelo wasn't an NBA in waiting kid? He's the only reason you have that ONE championship banner. You had Devendorf running around campus, assaulting women. Bernie Fine?

Carmelo wasn't an NBA in waiting kid? He's the only reason you have that ONE championship banner. You had Devendorf running around campus, assaulting women. Bernie Fine?

And UConn has a lot to talk about.

sad thing is recruits don't care about any of that, and most of the parents probably don't either

Great first post my man. Thanks for taking the time out to register and get your troll on to hate the #1 team in the country :)

well done, Bear. I am awarding you a like for crafting the perfect troll post.

When we recruited Melo, he wasnt even a Mc D AA. He blew up after his Jr. year. There was no one and done talk when he committed. As to Devo, even her attorney said she was not punched nor was she injured. It was so weak that no charges were ever filed, even though the police were called and embellished the allegations to Devendorf's detriment. As I said, JB stuck by him, he graduated, and he is earning a living and seeing the world. Following the Bernie Fine saga, are you? Read Whitlock today. At least three of the accusers have admitted to lying about it, have been proven to have lied, or have a history of saying nothing happened between him and Fine. None of it relates to SU.

At least three of the accusers have admitted to lying about it, have been proven to have lied, or have a history of saying nothing happened between him and Fine.
and the fourth one is a known thief who has changed a key claim in his story, was in debt to Bernie and was shagging his wife

it's almost too bad for Bernie that there is a SOL in this case, because a semi-competent defense attorney would destroy it in open court.

Haha, I'm picturing Devo as Billy from The Family Circus with a dotted line bouncing around the Quad, going from assault to assault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom