I was reading that Pitt coach Todd Graham has voluntary bible study | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I was reading that Pitt coach Todd Graham has voluntary bible study

Personally I find atheists about 1000X more annoying than born again Christians in attempts to jam their world view down my throat. This thread is actually a pretty good example of that. If you have evidence that it's NOT really voluntary, feel free to bring that up - otherwise you're just making baseless assumptions and need to .

Just because someone thinks it is inappropriate for a football coach encourage a specific religion within the team setting does not mean that person is against religion.

True, although in this case specifically the person (IB) is against religion. ;)

Um...no. No they don't.
Please take my word for it Phillymoose, our motivation for spreading the Gospel is that we care about you. I'm sure you can find people with other motivations, but that's the core value.

Personally I find atheists about 1000X more annoying than born again Christians in attempts to jam their world view down my throat. This thread is actually a pretty good example of that. If you have evidence that it's NOT really voluntary, feel free to bring that up - otherwise you're just making baseless assumptions and need to .

huh? I don't see anyone religious or non-religious trying to force anything on anyone in this thread. pretty over the top post by you.

Again I would ask the OP, where he was "reading" this information?

I could start a thread and say, "Hey, how about Coach Marrone molesting all those collies, huh?" But that would be stupid. Because Marrone never molested collies.

My guess is voluntary means just that. If you look at stats about the general population less than 1/3 claim to be evangelical christian. The numbers are probably no higher on that football team. If a coach doesn't play the kids that don't attend his bible study he's not playing some of his best players and ultimately slitting his own throat. Realistically I bet it's probably a group of 15-20 players going. If it was the whole team due to it being mandatory it'd be too big to be just a bible study. As a christian myself, I hope it's not mandatory. I think it's a great thing that he offer the opportunity but pushing it on kids that don't care just breeds resentment.

I think I remember Louis Orr inviting players to go to church with him when he was an assistant here. Noone made a big deal about that.

I think what's not getting enough consideration, attention, and visual/video support here is the two-stripper girl-on-girl action that was mentioned early in the thread.

More of the sin, less of the theology, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom