I was told | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I was told

At halftime tonight this game was over. We aren’t breaking 60. Boeheim should retire. The law of averages isn’t real because UVA shot whatever percentage from 3 so Pitt wasn’t going to cool off. All I have to say is

View attachment 156282

Laughable... you're fired up cuz we overcame a deficit to beat a Pitt squad of misfits who is essentially 3-33 over 2 ACC seasons. Really??? I'll give JB credit though - I saw his first halftime adjustment all year in guarding Pitt's 1 shooter

I wonder what your post will be after tonights drubbing by Duke.

I found an angry one. Here is my point, I was called out multiple times for my posts. One poster actually said he would fight me for something I said lol. I also got “you haven’t watched the last 5 games.” As if I haven’t watched every single game like everyone else. It’s okay to be a jerk when the team is playing bad but it’s not okay to call those posts out when we win? Double standard, that’s JV.
That's amazing

Laughable... you're fired up cuz we overcame a deficit to beat a Pitt squad of misfits who is essentially 3-33 over 2 ACC seasons. Really??? I'll give JB credit though - I saw his first halftime adjustment all year in guarding Pitt's 1 shooter

Oh hey SU Dreaming

I think the only thing laughable is you feeling the need to respond. The last part about drubbing by duke is just a sad thing to post, even if you expect that. Its also ironic because it proves what the OP was saying.

Everyone is happy we came back and won.
Credit was given to the staff, and players for a great second half.
If people can’t watch the first half and realize how chitty we played and realize that then what is the point of having a board.
Credit was given to the coaching staff, players in the second half we won and people want to dunk on quote “chicken littles” because we came back against a 3-15 Pittsburgh team.
It’s sad that this thread is attempting to dunk on fans.
Our first half offense was garbage.
Our second half offense was perfection and Frank/Buddy/Hughes were awesome because unlike in the first half the ball moved and it wasn’t all ISO like it was in the first.
On defense Chuwku was Mutombo like and played his best half of basketball in months and guess what it made the team deadly on defense.
Credit is given and yet we want to dunk on fans.
Newsflash it was a great win last night but it doesn’t deserve this post to just divide. Most fans are fans they aren’t the UConn troll who has posted.
Good job dunking on me I would rather win the NC then have to watch ISO basketball and the first half team without energy.
If we play like we did in the second half that is the preseason final four team. Playing well tonight is more
Important than the result as Duke’s talent makes it hard to expect a win.

I agree with much of what you said, but your expression of dunking on fans, not so much.

I understand folks calling out the negaive nancies because that's all some of them do. You'll know who they are because most will not be posting today because we won.

Like it or not, there are certain posters who do not like the players, coaches or whatever else they find negative about the team.

And yes, there are those who only post overly orange colored glasses comments. At least they are not trying to run the program down.

Honest criticism, much like you and others post, is OK. The totally negative folks are very frustrating and need to be called out on occasion.

Game threads are the same thing as forecasting the weather by looking out the window.

I don't put much stock into what people post in them and 50% of the posts are complaining about the refs.

Could have fooled me. All I read in the first half was our entire team sucks, our coaching sucks, etc. Everyone who was trying to remain positive got called out for it.
So we didn’t suck in the first half? Nice adjustments and played team ball in the second, good win but then again they are Pitt

what happens in the game thread stays in the game thread.

if you aren't crazy when it's happening, why are you watching
The ppl saying these things say them outside of the game thread also - and very often.

A one off thing I don’t care about, but it’s the same ppl constantly bashing JB.

The ppl saying these things say them outside of the game thread also - and very often.

A one off thing I don’t care about, but it’s the same ppl constantly bashing JB.
just put them on ignore.

i don't mind going back and forth with most posters, but there are some who are just dishonest, tendentious or simply not worth my time

Mama Told Me Not To Come.
that ain't no way to have fun son.

We did suck in the first half.
We came back and beat a bad, bad club.
The questions about the offense remain.
The questions about the coach remain.
Not sure what was proven yesterday. Again we finished at the middle of the league, again we're unranked, and again we're discussed as a bubble team.

It's amazing that people are characterized as "negative" when they're objective about our current status in the world. I guess you need to do backflips when you win one game against a horrible league team in a conference tournament, because we're on the good side of the bubble. If that's what it takes to be a 'better fan,' sod that.

If you really find pride in the product we now have, good for you. Sleep well. But, the constant whining about other perspectives is more annoying than whatever it is that annoys you. It's idiotic.

We did suck in the first half.
We came back and beat a bad, bad club.
The questions about the offense remain.
The questions about the coach remain.
Not sure what was proven yesterday. Again we finished at the middle of the league, again we're unranked, and again we're discussed as a bubble team.

It's amazing that people are characterized as "negative" when they're objective about our current status in the world. I guess you need to do backflips when you win one game against a horrible league team in a conference tournament, because we're on the good side of the bubble. If that's what it takes to be a 'better fan,' sod that.

If you really find pride in the product we now have, good for you. Sleep well. But, the constant whining about other perspectives is more annoying than whatever it is that annoys you. It's idiotic.
If we can get everyone playing the way they did last night and a fully healthy Tyus we can make another Sweet 16 (like we did last year)

But if you want to be a sourpuss that’s on you

If we can get everyone playing the way they did last night and a fully healthy Tyus we can make another Sweet 16 (like we did last year)

But if you want to be a sourpuss that’s on you
1/ "...like they did last night" — you mean in one half of that game, right? You mean if we can do that against Duke, and not the 3-win Pitt team, right? Yes, yes we can make another sweet 16 run.
2/ Interesting, how you consider refuting accusations raised by the OP in yet another thread that whines about perspectives as 'being a sourpuss.' You do realize that the post you consider to be 'sour' only came about because of the original post that whines about realistic comments from the day before. Right?

You pollys could eliminate half of the posts you hate simply by not complaining about the other half of the posts you hate.

1/ "...like they did last night" — you mean in one half of that game, right? You mean if we can do that against Duke, and not the 3-win Pitt team, right? Yes, yes we can make another sweet 16 run.
2/ Interesting, how you consider refuting accusations raised by the OP in yet another thread that whines about perspectives as 'being a sourpuss.' You do realize that the post you consider to be 'sour' only came about because of the original post that whines about realistic comments from the day before. Right?

You pollys could eliminate half of the posts you hate simply by not complaining about the other half of the posts you hate.
You’re kind of making my point for me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom