I was very impressed with Minnesota tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I was very impressed with Minnesota tonight

Sounds like a team coached by Rick Pitino's son. Same type of intensity. But if SU plays inspired ball, they win.

Are you saying that Pitino's son is better than Bobby Knight's son - I automatically assume that the nepotics will fail sooner rather than later. I had the over/under on Bobby Jr at 2.5 yrs - I think he made the over by a few months.

My biggest concern with SU is I don't think they will score the ball against good defensive teams. They will struggle to put up 60 points. Key on Cooney and make other players beat you from the perimeter. CJ is a good player, but he can be guarded. Force him to his right and he is done. We saw it the other night. We have nothing inside and Grant can only score from point blank range. I hope I'm wrong, but we might be lucky to come out of Maui with two wins.

Definitely a fair assessment.

Let's face it, we don't stand a chance on Monday. 1st off, this is the biggest test for SU in decades! (read "ever") ...the team is in for a rough season.
Cuse by at least 10. book it!

I remember your "book it" comment last season. And we ended up booking tickets to the final four game! You roast our team and then say "Cuse by at least 10" as if that makes your criticisms all good. I disagree with your opinions and your conjectures for most of your post. I doubt Richard is going to need to be mic'd up with his father. It sounds to me you are just making this stuff up.

JB once said, "good teams win." I think you are underestimating our players stepping up their play for a big game. It's kind of hard to get up for St Francis when you are traveling to Maui in 5 days. Plus St Francis played an excellent game and I was not convinced the referees were calling the game evenly on both ends. I thought there were several non-calls that went St Francis's way on defense. And then there were a couple of offensive calls on the Orange which were non-calls for St Francis on the other end. Generally, I am pretty objective calling the game and I know when the Orange get away with a call in their favor. But after some of the ways the refs were calling the St Francis game it felt like we were playing Louisville at home! I was actually yelling at the TV which is notable for me being this early in the season!!

My prediction is CJ puts in a 20+ point game against Minnesota.

I remember your "book it" comment last season. And we ended up booking tickets to the final four game! You roast our team and then say "Cuse by at least 10" as if that makes your criticisms all good. I disagree with your opinions and your conjectures for most of your post. I doubt Richard is going to need to be mic'd up with his father. It sounds to me you are just making this stuff up.

JB once said, "good teams win." I think you are underestimating our players stepping up their play for a big game. It's kind of hard to get up for St Francis when you are traveling to Maui in 5 days. Plus St Francis played an excellent game and I was not convinced the referees were calling the game evenly on both ends. I thought there were several non-calls that went St Francis's way on defense. And then there were a couple of offensive calls on the Orange which were non-calls for St Francis on the other end. Generally, I am pretty objective calling the game and I know when the Orange get away with a call in their favor. But after some of the ways the refs were calling the St Francis game it felt like we were playing Louisville at home! I was actually yelling at the TV which is notable for me being this early in the season!!

My prediction is CJ puts in a 20+ point game against Minnesota.
I think he's heavy on sarcasm for the first part. I fixed my sarcasm meter last night. All systems, normal.
:)

Dave, the entire post was meant as a goof! And just for the record I've never made a disparaging remark about a Syracuse team of any sort in my 40 years of being a total Syracuse homer. Also, I for one have never made the comment "book it" prior to yesterdays post. By doing it I was mimicking a poster who does so all the time.
The post was intended to make light of the previous posters who adopt a "the sky is falling " attitude about the team before we are even far enough into the season to make any kind of accurate assessment whatsoever.

Do you think there could be a coach wearing a wire from another coach? SMH:rolling:Losen up and enjoy, why so serious?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom