I will say this much, this next class (2020) determines if JB gets another title | Syracusefan.com

I will say this much, this next class (2020) determines if JB gets another title

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
We have had back-to-back classes of very solid players, guys who can be contributors and really useful role players. We have added lots of shooting.

But if we are to make one more serious run, we MUST get 2 alpha dogs in the next class - a big man and a big time scorer.

We also need a really top pass-first PG who can set up other players and has a tight handle. If he's a big-time scorer like Jonny Flynn, then great, we only need two elite recruits instead of three, but I would be really happy if our next PG could just be an excellent facilitator.

The cupboard is stocked with lots of really good pieces, but we need a really good big man, a quality PG and a big time scorer who can go off against the best opponents.

It’s not going to happen. It will probably be a two man class and we aren’t involved with any top tier players. Good players but not alpha dogs. Obviously, it could change, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

I'm no recruiting guru but I thought that Jackson kid was suppose to be really good? Also there is no telling who we are on. I refuse to be down on recruiting. We just have to remember there are a few big fish in our pond now.

Andre Jackson is pretty damn good. Noah Collier is also a prototypical Syracuse forward. That’s two solid players that as of right now are leaning towards us. If we can get a legit center I think that would be an extremely solid class. Not to get too far ahead but with those three and it’s extremely early but this is who would most likely be on that team (obviously a lot can happen, transfers, injuries, leaving early for the draft)

Carey (Junior)
Goodine (Sophmore)
JG3 (Sophmore)
Howard Washington (senior)
Buddy (Junior)
Andre Jackson (freshman)
Quincy (Sophmore)
Marek (senior)
Noah Collier (freshman)
Ajak (Sophmore)
Jesse Edwards (Sophmore)
(Freshman center)

Extremely early like I said but I think that’s what the roster could look like right now. I think Bras will end up transferring, and Brissett will not stay all 4 years. All in all a pretty good roster but obviously a lot to be proven next year for a lot of these guys before we can predict anything for 2020.

I'm no recruiting guru but I thought that Jackson kid was suppose to be really good? Also there is no telling who we are on. I refuse to be down on recruiting. We just have to remember there are a few big fish in our pond now.
Here’s very good, but not elite.

Andre Jackson is pretty damn good. Noah Collier is also a prototypical Syracuse forward. That’s two solid players that as of right now are leaning towards us. If we can get a legit center I think that would be an extremely solid class. Not to get too far ahead but with those three and it’s extremely early but this is who would most likely be on that team (obviously a lot can happen, transfers, injuries, leaving early for the draft)

Carey (Junior)
Goodine (Sophmore)
JG3 (Sophmore)
Howard Washington (senior)
Buddy (Junior)
Andre Jackson (freshman)
Quincy (Sophmore)
Marek (senior)
Noah Collier (freshman)
Ajak (Sophmore)
Jesse Edwards (Sophmore)
(Freshman center)

Extremely early like I said but I think that’s what the roster could look like right now. I think Bras will end up transferring, and Brissett will not stay all 4 years. All in all a pretty good roster but obviously a lot to be proven next year for a lot of these guys before we can predict anything for 2020.
You forgot that Hughes and Sidibe will also be seniors, along with Oshae if he’s still here. I hope Bras doesn’t transfer. I think he could be a James Southerland type who plays some next season and then becomes a key piece as a junior and senior.

You forgot that Hughes and Sidibe will also be seniors, along with Oshae if he’s still here. I hope Bras doesn’t transfer. I think he could be a James Southerland type who plays some next season and then becomes a key piece as a junior and senior.

I believe Hughes is a senior next year? (Could be wrong) I think Sidibe could potentially transfer out as well if he gets passed over which is possible, he just hasn’t been the same player since injury. I don’t think Oshae will stay all four. I certainly hope he does but I would be a little surprised if he does.

I believe Hughes is a senior next year? (Could be wrong) I think Sidibe could potentially transfer out as well if he gets passed over which is possible, he just hasn’t been the same player since injury. I don’t think Oshae will stay all four. I certainly hope he does but I would be a little surprised if he does.
Hughes is a redshirt sophomore right now.

We are barely making the tournament yet again, and people are talking about us winning another championship? Seriously. How about we focus on getting to the 4-5 seed line.

do you know that syracuse did not make the ncaa tournament in 2001-2002 season? the next year, 2002-2003, syracuse won the national championship.

yikes, for this guy. someone check in on him later.

We are barely making the tournament yet again, and people are talking about us winning another championship? Seriously. How about we focus on getting to the 4-5 seed line.

What we're saying is if we hope to have one more, the more realistic among us realize that we need to hit on a couple of these big time guys who we've missed on in recent years.

If we had Stewart and Quade Green next year, I'd like this team a lot.

If we had kept Taurean Thompson and kept Bazley for this year, this could have been a much better team.

We are not contenders, you're right; but neither was the 2002 team until they added a couple elite guys. That's what we should aspire for. The 2010 team could have won a title. The 2012 team could have won a title. I want one more real honest chance before Boeheim retires. The window is closing fast. There are only a couple more chances to get this right.

What we're saying is if we hope to have one more, the more realistic among us realize that we need to hit on a couple of these big time guys who we've missed on in recent years.

If we had Stewart and Quade Green next year, I'd like this team a lot.

If we had kept Taurean Thompson and kept Bazley for this year, this could have been a much better team.

We are not contenders, you're right; but neither was the 2002 team until they added a couple elite guys. That's what we should aspire for. The 2010 team could have won a title. The 2012 team could have won a title. I want one more real honest chance before Boeheim retires. The window is closing fast. There are only a couple more chances to get this right.

Bazley - yes but I'm not sure about Taurean making this a much better team.

He is an nba guy in college uniform. Can play offense but is allergic to defense in every way possible. Don’t miss him one bit. Good riddance.

He is an nba guy in college uniform. Can play offense but is allergic to defense in every way possible. Don’t miss him one bit. Good riddance.
Thompson

Who has a back to the basket center these days?
Nick Ward posts for Michigan State
Zion posts for Duke
PJ Washington posts for Kentucky
Admiral Schofeld/Grant Williams post for Tennessee
Pretty much all contenders have a front court player who can get the ball in the post and get a bucket.

Back to basket centers are a dying breed but we need a player who we can throw the ball to in the post and score consistently.

Nick Ward posts for Michigan State
Zion posts for Duke
PJ Washington posts for Kentucky
Admiral Schofeld/Grant Williams post for Tennessee
Pretty much all contenders have a front court player who can get the ball in the post and get a bucket.

Back to basket centers are a dying breed but we need a player who we can throw the ball to in the post and score consistently.

Point taken. They aren’t centers tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom