I wish they would bring back the "C" on the uniforms... | Syracusefan.com

I wish they would bring back the "C" on the uniforms...

Nick44

All Conference
I thought it was wrong when they removed the C from the captain's jersey's after PP left. I thought it was even worse when FHCDM rotated the captains on a weekly basis.

Those two moves trivialized the importance of that nomination/position.

The easiest improvement the first year HC could make would be to find (1) worthy Captain for Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Stick with those captains through the season, give them the added responsibility of being a captain and honor them by putting the C back on the jersey. It means a lot.

I thought it was wrong when they removed the C from the captain's jersey's after PP left. I thought it was even worse when FHCDM rotated the captains on a weekly basis.

The easiest improvement the first year HC could make would be to find (1) worthy Captain for Offense, Defense and Special Teams. Stick with those captains through the season, give them the added responsibility of being a captain and honor them by putting the C back on the jersey. It means a lot.

Good idea!

I'm fine with the C being put back on, but won't be overly bummed if they don't. The rotating captains on a weekly basis idea was just asinine.

If they did it, I would pick Macky (O), Bromley (D) and I don't know about ST. Krautman perhaps.

If they did it, I would pick Macky (O), Bromley (D) and I don't know about ST. Krautman perhaps.
Jerome Smith
Jay Bromley
Ross Kruatman (I was considering Loeb, but I think that'd be kinda demeaning in a way)

I think the issue of the 'C' being on the jersey's should be left up to the captains. They can choose if they want it displayed or not. Kinda like how Jeter doesn't want a 'C' on his jersey but Jason Varitek did.

Mark McDonald was captain as a backup QB, but that's pretty unusual I'd suspect.

Last year's team was pretty good, so hard to argue with a theory about selecting captains. If it looked like a team that fell apart due to a lack of leadership, I'd agree. But it wasn't.

Shafer should implement whatever he's comfortable with. If the team plays hard, plays like a team, and wins games, then Shafer's plan works too.

Last year's team was pretty good, so hard to argue with a theory about selecting captains. If it looked like a team that fell apart due to a lack of leadership, I'd agree. But it wasn't.

Shafer should implement whatever he's comfortable with. If the team plays hard, plays like a team, and wins games, then Shafer's plan works too.
ive always been a fan of an Offense, Defense and Special Teams Captain, coupled with game Captains.

for most games, just send the Special and gamers out for the coin toss. the O & D should be huddling with their guys.

No C.

this isnt hockey.

dont like it in the NFL either.

and varitek looked like a goofball. i know, redundant.
Even as a sox fan i thought the C on the jersey was stupid. It actually has a purpose in hockey, there's no reason to have it otherwise