I wonder what GTown and St.Johns must be thinking right now... | Syracusefan.com

I wonder what GTown and St.Johns must be thinking right now...

44PRIDE

All Conference
This entire situation is completely out of their control. And for the powerbrokers involved with this mess, schools like SJU and the Hoyas aren't even an afterhought...

What could they possibly be thinking? Their options are few and far between. Their old rivalries are being thrown by the wayside. Schools like Houston are now being considered. The conference that you once knew and loved is becoming a bastardized version of itself.

Many years ago these schools made decisions to de-emphasize or eradicate football. There's no inherrent reason why Syracuse is in the position we are (meaning: a good one) other than the fact that we sacked up and supported the program when most of our northeast brethren did the opposite.

So in closing: tough noogies.

I'm sure they're thinking it's going to be a lot easier to win the conference and/or the BET now. What do they care about football?

I'm sure they're thinking it's going to be a lot easier to win the conference and/or the BET now. What do they care about football?

They don't directly. But its the actions of football schools that will lead to their conference affiliation with schools like Houston and SMU...

I had dinner with someone who works at Georgetown the other night. This person has been following realignment as closely as all of us whackos and said that Gtown athletic department stands to lose at minimum 2 million if just the current TV contract numbers go away...but admitted its all football money and "money we probably didn't deserve anyway". But they said that it will hurt the georgetown olympic sports most.

I had dinner with someone who works at Georgetown the other night. This person has been following realignment as closely as all of us whackos and said that Gtown athletic department stands to lose at minimum 2 million if just the current TV contract numbers go away...but admitted its all football money and "money we probably didn't deserve anyway". But they said that it will hurt the georgetown olympic sports most.
I thought that the BB schools didn't get any FB money. Or is the person talking about money that will go away because the contract has FB and BB money tied together, even though the FB and BB money are technically separate?