I would kill to have a baseball team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I would kill to have a baseball team

Does anyone have this image in color? I want to get the jersey made by Ebbets Field Flannels.

BirdFiles.jpg

I believe they reclassified to DII earlier in the decade when the MAAC gave them a put up or shut up type of offer, if I'm remembering correctly. Ditto ladies lax.

You are correct sir. With changes to the D1 facilities requirements, LeMoyne made the choice to drop to D2. Sad but likely the right choice.

Hockey team makes more sense than baseball team.

Geographically it does, but only Boston College and Notre Dame have teams as far as ACC schools. Plus I just don't care about hockey :)

I would love to add baseball. I know weather is something to figure out, but the Big 10 schools manage to do it. I hate being the only ACC school without a team

Geographically it does, but only Boston College and Notre Dame have teams as far as ACC schools. Plus I just don't care about hockey :)

I would love to add baseball. I know weather is something to figure out, but the Big 10 schools manage to do it. I hate being the only ACC school without a team
LeMoyne baseball does it. SU Softball does it.

At this point, it's a Title IX issue.
1583763587508.gif

LeMoyne baseball does it. SU Softball does it.

At this point, it's a Title IX issue. View attachment 177698

That's true. If there wasn't that to get around, I'd love to bring back wrestling for that matter. I watched some of the Big 10 championships yesterday. When it's done at a high level, I've started to really enjoy wrestling.

That's true. If there wasn't that to get around, I'd love to bring back wrestling for that matter. I watched some of the Big 10 championships yesterday. When it's done at a high level, I've started to really enjoy wrestling.
Watching Geno Mills and Mike Rotunda in Manley was great fun.

TRU DAT. OCC, Lemoyne, and Su women do it. Weather and scheduling is moot if you do it for softball. And it’s not exactly warm in Boston and Pittsburgh right now.
The SU Women are a month into the season and they haven't had a home game yet.

They open at home on March 20, weather permitting.

BC, Pitt and other northern schools have it. I don’t see why we can’t.
Pitt and BC do not have a men’s lacrosse team with scholarships. It was decided a long time ago, with the advent of women’s sports, that Syracuse could have men’s lacrosse or baseball. It was decided to cut baseball. Probably a good decision in retrospect. Some ACC programs have both, but they are state schools with bigger budgets than Syracuse has.

Maybe some day, a new baseball stadium will be built somewhere between the campus and downtown, maybe where I-81 is now. It would be great way to help bridge downtown to the university/medical complex and help revive some sections of the city that are largely dead.

Maybe the ACCN and other developments will bring a new era of milk and honey to the SUAD and we can bring baseball back. But we have no stadium on campus, there isn’t a ton of local talent to field a team, Title IX is a huge issue and the changes in class schedules that made the spring semester end in early May all present major obstacles to overcome. Being in a league with great baseball (I believe we are the only school that does not field a varsity baseball team), does help things a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom