I would like to see | Syracusefan.com

I would like to see

Dadarules

Walk On
The forecasted allocation of the new revenue from the ACC TV contract. Reading different posts & articles I think the TV money goes from around $3.7 to from a low of $11 (if not renegotiated with ESPN) to $15 million annualy if the ACC gets the added value they believe they should. What is the plan for the cash at SU? How much is allocated to coaching (head\assistant) increases? Increased travel costs for all teams? Facility upgrades? Bank\Investements? Marketing\Promotions?

Just what actual line items does this cash hit? They must have a plan started and I would love to see this document and how it is being managed and how far out they are looking.

ah-hem, their may be some prior expenditures to pay for/off first.
There might be a raise for the AD to be allocated for as well, though that's probably a University expense.

Does the ACC require an entrance fee? I haven't heard any mention of that? If so, those could be paid out of future revenue sharing payments. If it's $10M to get in, I could see deductions of $2M for the first 5 years of participation.

ah-hem, their may be some prior expenditures to pay for/off first.
There might be a raise for the AD to be allocated for as well, though that's probably a University expense.

Does the ACC require an entrance fee? I haven't heard any mention of that? If so, those could be paid out of future revenue sharing payments. If it's $10M to get in, I could see deductions of $2M for the first 5 years of participation.
True. In addition, some conferences do not grant new members a full allocation immediately. The Big East for instance, did not grant V Tech a full allocation...their allocation was gradually increased overa period of years. Not sure if this is true with the ACC. Hope not.

The forecasted allocation of the new revenue from the ACC TV contract. Reading different posts & articles I think the TV money goes from around $3.7 to from a low of $11 (if not renegotiated with ESPN) to $15 million annualy if the ACC gets the added value they believe they should. What is the plan for the cash at SU? How much is allocated to coaching (head\assistant) increases? Increased travel costs for all teams? Facility upgrades? Bank\Investements? Marketing\Promotions?

Just what actual line items does this cash hit? They must have a plan started and I would love to see this document and how it is being managed and how far out they are looking.

My guess is that travel costs will be the same if not lower in the ACC.

It would make little sense to add new members and hamstring them with regard to the rest of the conference. Do you want your new members to lag behind and weaken the perception of your conference? Adding members should increase everyone's portion - that should be the "entry fee." Otherwise, why bother expanding? I didn't recall that VT got a partial allocation at first. Bad business.

If you're worried about someone joining and then leaving, have them put something aside into escrow each year for a couple years, forfeit if they depart. The conference could claim all interest or other growth in the account until the new member reclaims the principal. But that is what exit fees are for, too.

I suppose the contrasting viewpoint is that even with a 75% allocation, SU would be making more than twice what it is now. Still, are you admitting peers, or Lovecraftian idiots you want to keep in the basement?

Entrance fee? We don't want no stupid entrance fee! Would Notre Dame or Texas be asked to pay an entrance fee?

Seriously...I hope there isn't any entrance fee.

It would make little sense to add new members and hamstring them with regard to the rest of the conference. Do you want your new members to lag behind and weaken the perception of your conference? Adding members should increase everyone's portion - that should be the "entry fee." Otherwise, why bother expanding? I didn't recall that VT got a partial allocation at first. Bad business.

If you're worried about someone joining and then leaving, have them put something aside into escrow each year for a couple years, forfeit if they depart. The conference could claim all interest or other growth in the account until the new member reclaims the principal. But that is what exit fees are for, too.

I suppose the contrasting viewpoint is that even with a 75% allocation, SU would be making more than twice what it is now. Still, are you admitting peers, or Lovecraftian idiots you want to keep in the basement?
Well, we aint VT. It shouldn't cost SU a dime to get into any conference.

My guess is that in the long run they will be lower.
Let's see...I am going to focus on the non revenue sports, since that is where most of the travel budget differences will be (I think flights will cost about the same regardless).

Today, you can bus from Syracuse to Providence, Storrs, St John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Villanova, and let's be generous and say Georgetown, Pittsburgh and West Virginia too. I think UC, UL, DePaul, ND, Marquette, USF are plane rides or at the least multi stop bus rides.

If UConn and RU are not added, in the ACC we could bus to BC, and let's be generous and say Pitt and Maryland too. That is it. If the ACC creates divisions based on geography, and does home and homes when possible based on division, and RU and UConn are added, maybe we will end up with about the same number of bus rides. The relative proximity of the NC schools and Clemson and FSU might help a little too but there are similar situations in the current Big East.

I wonder how much easier it will be to fly into Raleigh/Durham in 5 years compared to today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom