I would like to take the time to thank the AD at | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I would like to take the time to thank the AD at

Well, Wake played B.C. twice (3x if you count their one win in the ACC tournament) NCState and Clemson twice each as well. Plus Duke twice. They didn't have a harder schedule than us.
That wasn't my point and you are obviously looking to put blame somewhere besides on this team. Quick look at Wake's schedule and I don't see 3 out of conference losses like UConn, Gtown & St Johns. My point on the conference schedule is you can't look at records when teams don't play the same schedules.

This is what the ACC did to Maryland all the time. Swofford is not our friend.

If people think the NCAA only values money, I guess they can forget that when they leave Syracuse out. Or maybe JB is so disliked that the committee did something against the usual moves?

Let's not pass the blame here. We all knew we probably didn't deserve a spot. We lost to too many bad teams this year, and even then all we had to do was beat Miami.

It is what it is.
So if we beat Miami and are 3-11 away from home does that change anything? I doubt it. Basically we were done after Jan 1 loss to BC unless we won every road game.

So if we beat Miami and are 3-11 away from home does that change anything? I doubt it. Basically we were done after Jan 1 loss to BC unless we won every road game.
If we beat Miami we were in, simple as that. They had KSU the last team in and they didn't show a lot of respect to the Big 12 seeding so we would have hopped them, no doubt in my mind.

If we beat Miami we were in, simple as that. They had KSU the last team in and they didn't show a lot of respect to the Big 12 seeding so we would have hopped them, no doubt in my mind.
All these guys keep saying is 2-11, 2-11, can't get in 2-11 away from home. So 3-11 really makes a big difference if that is really why they excluded us?

All these guys keep saying is 2-11, 2-11, can't get in 2-11 away from home. So 3-11 really makes a big difference if that is really why they excluded us?
It would also give us 7 top 50 wins which has never been left out of the tournament. So my answer is still yes, absolutely.

So great to see Bilas defending Syracuse ad nauseous.

But guess what...no one will remember come tomorrow.

The team and coaching staff underachieved this year. Now, hoping the off season karma turns good for Lydon to come back and to land a strong PG.
Ya good luck with that. Why would Lydon come back now and where is a top of coming from with no top recruits left. Another 5th year transfer great so we repeat this season. If you thought this year was rough next year is going to be a lot worse

Ya good luck with that. Why would Lydon come back now and where is a top of coming from with no top recruits left. Another 5th year transfer great so we repeat this season. If you thought this year was rough next year is going to be a lot worse

Hence the power of the word hope. I got nothing else.

If we score vs. Ville at the Dome and win that game - we'd still be 2-11 but I think we would have been in, and probably avoided Dayton all together.

This whole 2-11 road argument is bullshit.michigan state was 2-8 on the road where was the uproar there? Having 7 Big East teams in and a 8-10 k state team in is a crock of . Sorry guys,but that's the truth. The truth is the ACC was by far the best conference this year and Syracuse had enough quality wins to be in. You could also make the argument that vandy didn't deserve to be in with 15 losses. I'll go a step further and say that tech should of also been in.

This whole 2-11 road argument is bullshit.michigan state was 2-8 on the road where was the uproar there? Having 7 Big East teams in and a 8-10 k state team in is a crock of . Sorry guys,but that's the truth. The truth is the ACC was by far the best conference this year and Syracuse had enough quality wins to be in. You could also make the argument that vandy didn't deserve to be in with 15 losses. I'll go a step further and say that tech should of also been in.

It's crazy when you compare things. Vandy gets that seed with 15 losses? Cuse had by far the most quality wins of teams on the very edge of the bubble and at least deserved the play in, if not better. Empirical evidence beyond some of the obvious is also starting to come in, to make it unlike just angry fans ranting. I held my tongue until I saw more data, but now I am onboard.

I think ANY one more win, no matter who, and we were in. We still deserved it, but this feels like a make up call in a game, or something else similarly engineered. I'm not sure how others see it, but that's where I see it currently. Last season, it was quality wins that got us in. This year, ours suddenly were not of value. It seems too subjective, and some sort of system is apparently needed, as consistency is not being produced on it's own.

Huh? They both had 15 losses

FYI - Vandy had a very strong resume and the #1 SOS - you're going to lose some games when you play the hardest schedule in the country. Have beef with USC or KState - but Vandy deserved it

The only disagreement I have with your comment is the reference to 5th year transfer. As others have said, we wouldn't have won 10 f ing games without them. Louisville had 2 last year who played a lot of minutes and 1 this year. Didn't work out too badfor them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom