I write an angry e-mail to an ESPN ACC Blogger | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I write an angry e-mail to an ESPN ACC Blogger

She is right, but most of the ACC is irrelevant.
When I was walking back to my truck an inebriated NC ST fan saw me and said good game etc. Then he looked at me and said, "I can't believe we lost to you (Syracuse). You're not a football school, you're a basketball ball school..." He repeated that a few times and I said something like, "Well we have been improving and we are trying to get back to the glory years... joining the ACC should help..." but he kept repeating himself so I finally said , "If we are just a basketball school then what is NC ST?" You guys suck at football and basketball and we'll crush you in Lax. (I have no clue if NC ST plays lacrosse)" The drunk stopped and looked at me and after a long pause he said, "I got nothing for yuu man." and he walked away while a tent of Syracuse fans laughed at him.

Your reading comprehension is off.

She didn't say that Pitt or Syracuse are "irrelevant" in the pure definition of the word.

She said that in their RESPECTIVE DIVISION RACES, Pitt and Syracuse have played themselves into irrelevance.

Meaning, she (and most other sane college football writers, broadcasters and fans) feel that neither the Orange nor the Panthers are going to win their respective divisions.

Is it a little too early to say that matter-of-factly? Maybe.

But the reality is, for SU to win its division, Clemson would have to lose TWO conference games and we'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way.

Odds of that happening?

1,000,000 to 1.

Not entirely true... Clemson lose to FSU, SU beat FSU and win out and it's a 3 way tie. Not sure the tiebreakers, nor do I think this happens, but I've seen crazier things.

I dont event bother to read the "ACC blog" or syracuse.com anymore.

I use sbnation.com/college-sports , 247sports.com, and atlanticcoastconfidential.com

No one on espn is particularly great at analyzing football.

Right or wrong Pyle, deserved or not, I suspect that whatever respect was created last year moved to Buffalo.

New year, new league new staff. Respect will be earned one game at a time. NCST was a nice start. Let's see what happens.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This. Spot on.

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

With FSU and Clemson in the division, wasn't every other team irrelevant before the season started?

She is right, but most of the ACC is irrelevant.
When I was walking back to my truck an inebriated NC ST fan saw me and said good game etc. Then he looked at me and said, "I can't believe we lost to you (Syracuse). You're not a football school, you're a basketball ball school..." He repeated that a few times and I said something like, "Well we have been improving and we are trying to get back to the glory years... joining the ACC should help..." but he kept repeating himself so I finally said , "If we are just a basketball school then what is NC ST?" You guys suck at football and basketball and we'll crush you in Lax. (I have no clue if NC ST plays lacrosse)" The drunk stopped and looked at me and after a long pause he said, "I got nothing for yuu man." and he walked away while a tent of Syracuse fans laughed at him.
I wonder what the numbers are for NFL HOFers for schools in the ACC. Has anyone looked that up? I'm too lazy to. Anyone that knows our history knows we're not just a basketball school.

I wonder what the numbers are for NFL HOFers for schools in the ACC. Has anyone looked that up? I'm too lazy to. Anyone that knows our history knows we're not just a basketball school.
Maybe I'm not too lazy. Yahoo has us tied for 4th all time which would put us as the most in the ACC. Pitt is tied for 7th which would put them second in the ACC.

NFL.com has us and Pitt essentially switched.

To the ACC, I'd just like to say, you're welcome. We're more than happy to bring some tradition to your conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ac-6889780

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000206758

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom