I write an angry e-mail to an ESPN ACC Blogger | Syracusefan.com

I write an angry e-mail to an ESPN ACC Blogger

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I don't want to be that guy, but I'm tired of the way Syracuse gets kicked around by Dinich and Adelson.

Here's what Dinich wrote about Syracuse in her mid-season report.

"League newcomers Pitt and Syracuse already have played themselves into irrelevance in their respective division races."

Here's the e-mail I wrote to her. I tried to keep it nice.

"Syracuse has played themselves into irrelevance in the conference standings? They're 1-1 after two conference games. They still have six conference games on the schedule.

Yes, they have been inconsistent. And yes, they were blown out by Clemson. And Northwestern. But Andrea and yourself made it perfectly clear in the pre-season that Syracuse had so many uncertainties- new coach, new system, new QB and should not be expected to have any success in conference.

However, the team seems to be finding an identity on offense and has a favorable schedule the rest of the way, with at least four games that could result in victories. That would mean a middle of the pack finish and a bowl game.

What's so irrelevant about that?"

I don't want to be that guy, but I'm tired of the way Syracuse gets kicked around by Dinich and Adelson.

"League newcomers Pitt and Syracuse already have played themselves into irrelevance in their respective division races."

"Syracuse has played themselves into irrelevance in the conference standings? They're 1-1 after two conference games. They still have six conference games on the schedule.

Yes, they have been inconsistent. And yes, they were blown out by Clemson. And Northwestern. But Andrea and yourself made it perfectly clear in the pre-season that Syracuse had so many uncertainties- new coach, new system, new QB and should not be expected to have any success in conference.

However, the team seems to be finding an identity on offense and has a favorable schedule the rest of the way, with at least four games that could result in victories. That would mean a middle of the pack finish and a bowl game.

Another pair of idiots. There are four excellent to really good teams. After that SU is in the upper half of the remaining 10 teams.

i read that this am and thought it was a little harsh. Then they posted their ACC power rankings, and I beleive we were 7th. If that is irrelevant, than the other 7 teams below us must also be irrelevant. Irrelevant to the BCS title conversation, yes? Irrelevent to College Football, cmon.

nice email... but correct me if I'm wrong - that story was posted after the Clemson game, right?

Your reading comprehension is off.

She didn't say that Pitt or Syracuse are "irrelevant" in the pure definition of the word.

She said that in their RESPECTIVE DIVISION RACES, Pitt and Syracuse have played themselves into irrelevance.

Meaning, she (and most other sane college football writers, broadcasters and fans) feel that neither the Orange nor the Panthers are going to win their respective divisions.

Is it a little too early to say that matter-of-factly? Maybe.

But the reality is, for SU to win its division, Clemson would have to lose TWO conference games and we'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way.

Odds of that happening?

1,000,000 to 1.

AA and HD are complete airheards. I dislike them as much as most BB fans dislike Gottlieb. AA gave us no respect last year, never picking us for a bowl until after we beat Mizz. In their pre-game predictions they touted the fact that NCST had the 2nd best rushing defense in the league and top 20 nationally, then in the post-game write-ups basically wrote off the effort by our OL and RBs, by including 'say what you will about NC State's defense' completely reversing what they said the week prior. AA had us losing by 4, HD by 10 yet when we win by 2TDs we are still considered irrelevant. BTW they both have NCST in a bowl over us at this point too. FU-AA and FU-HD. I'd do anything to have someone like Brian Bennett who used to cover the Big East before going to the B1G. AA and HD suck donkey nuts.

A relative of mine went to school at UVa and worked for the SID office on gamedays a lot. I brought up Dinich once and he did not have good things to say about her.

She didn't say that Pitt or Syracuse are "irrelevant" in the pure definition of the word.

She said that in their RESPECTIVE DIVISION RACES, Pitt and Syracuse have played themselves into irrelevance.

Meaning, she (and most other sane college football writers, broadcasters and fans) feel that neither the Orange nor the Panthers are going to win their respective divisions.

But the reality is, for SU to win its division, Clemson would have to lose TWO conference games and we'd have to go undefeated the rest of the way.

Odds of that happening?

1,000,000 to 1.

I covered that point in the beginning of my e-mail. Syracuse has played just 25% of their conference games. How are they irrelevant with one loss? Lots of football left to be played.

Respect has to be earned one game at a time. They are paid to express an opinion at this point in time. Let's see how they react if/when SU continues to win.

Respect has to be earned one game at a time. They are paid to express an opinion at this point in time. Let's see how they react if/when SU continues to win.

We should have won plenty of respect from that Ginger last year and we didn't. I'd rather read 100 Mink/Cohen articles than anything from AA and HD.

50/50 clemson loses to FSU this week. they played poorly against BC at home.. they played poorly against NCst as well. they do the same at maryland or virginia they could easily lose 2 games. Maybe GT wakes up..

We win out and Miami beats FSU we win the division..

really long shot, but hey lets dream

And fans are by nature opinionated and passionately vocal for their teams. If she gets a pass for doing her job, the OP also is just doing what fans do...which is exactly what they should expect.

We should have won plenty of respect from that Ginger last year and we didn't. I'd rather read 100 Mink/Cohen articles than anything from AA and HD.

Right or wrong Pyle, deserved or not, I suspect that whatever respect was created last year moved to Buffalo.

New year, new league new staff. Respect will be earned one game at a time. NCST was a nice start. Let's see what happens.

Right or wrong Pyle, deserved or not, I suspect that whatever respect was created last year moved to Buffalo.

New year, new league new staff. Respect will be earned one game at a time. NCST was a nice start. Let's see what happens.

I can live with one game at a time, but AA has sucked since day 1. As you said, respect has to be earned. I have no beef with legit analysis but AA is clueless. And until she earns my respect I will continue to berate her as a 2nd rate blogger who will never be anything more than HD's gopher. Brian Bennett was good, these two are nothing more than bed sores on a dirty behind. I'm telling you these two make Mink/Cohen look like Pulitzer prize winning journalists.

And fans are by nature opinionated and passionately vocal for their teams. If she gets a pass for doing her job, the OP also is just doing what fans do...which is exactly what they should expect.

I agree that part of the prerogative of being a fan is to express your enthusiasm however you see fit. No problem with sending the email. If however, you expect that passionate opinions from vocal fans is going to influence the opinions of "objective" writers, I think you will be greatly disappointed.

Winning is the only thing that will influence those opinions.

Odds of that happening?

1,000,000 to 1.
disagree id say 500,000 to one.

Adelson just makes me laugh because she's so insanely thin skinned. Last year she accidentally posted a rather inappropriate joke on the ESPN Twitter account she was running at the time, rather than on her own personal one. She took it down but it had already been seen. At the end of the game, she posted something about "what we learned from this performance" or something, and I tweeted it at her something tongue in cheek about what we learned about (whatever the subject of the joke was, I don't remember). She blocked me about 2 minutes later.

Your first three sentences were enough to prove your point.

I replied to her tweet earlier as well that had included the link.

On one hand, the league is so great because Clemson, FSU, Miami are Top 10, and VT is ranked (which is great for the league).

But then on her downside, her first bullet is that SU/Pitt comment.

Which is it? If SU beats Clemson, then what? Better for the league? And to your point, SU has ONE loss in the league. Already irrelevant in the division race? Should we have scheduled Clemson for later in the year?

Dumb article.

Adelson just makes me laugh because she's so insanely thin skinned. Last year she accidentally posted a rather inappropriate joke on the ESPN Twitter account she was running at the time, rather than on her own personal one. She took it down but it had already been seen. At the end of the game, she posted something about "what we learned from this performance" or something, and I tweeted it at her something tongue in cheek about what we learned about (whatever the subject of the joke was, I don't remember). She blocked me about 2 minutes later.

I remember that, cant remember the screw up exactly but I found it really funny. Didnt she have a nasty response before blocking you though? I remember reading that and couldn't believe the way she responded.

They have Syracuse #8 in their power rankings – I think ahead of Pitt, NC State and GT.

Where it then gets goofy is they have all 3 teams bowl bound over Syracuse.

NC State bowl bound even after losing to Wake AND Syracuse?

50/50 clemson loses to FSU this week. they played poorly against BC at home.. they played poorly against NCst as well. they do the same at maryland or virginia they could easily lose 2 games. Maybe GT wakes up..

We win out and Miami beats FSU we win the division..

really long shot, but hey lets dream

Clearly Clemson takes games off depending on the opponent. The won't take FSU off and that game should be fun. I really like FSU right now though - way more consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom