I'd hate to be West Virginia this weekend... | Syracusefan.com

I'd hate to be West Virginia this weekend...

jekelish

Living Legend
Coming off an embarrassing loss, and heading to play Rutgers this weekend. Normally, I wouldn't really give Rutgers any credit, because screw Rutgers. However, this weekend they are going to be led onto the field by Eric LeGrand. One freaking year after he was paralyzed from the neck down.

I cannot imagine the "chills factor" that will be going on in that stadium. If his teammates can't get amped to play the best game of their lives after being led onto the field by their formerly paralyzed teammate, who is a truly inspirational and amazing kid, then I don't know what can.

I don't know if this has already been posted already, but it's so cool that I don't really care, it deserves to be mentioned again.

I called a Rutgirls win on their board...I just think they have the defense to push around WVU.

WVU stomps ButtGirls over 24 points! Awesome about Eric!!! But common.. WVU. Takes the the sledgehammer and smashes the Chop!!!!! GAMEOVER.

Rutgers has shown up to a big game 1 time in 120 years. I think WVU takes them by 2 TDs

The point was that it's freaking unbelievable that this kid is going to be walking the team out onto the field just over a year after being paralyzed. Frankly, I don't give a about the game. My point was that if something like this can't inspire a team, nothing can.

Remember when Cincy on the road laid like 69 on the Rutts a couple years back?

Yeah, that.

The point was that it's freaking unbelievable that this kid is going to be walking the team out onto the field just over a year after being paralyzed.
I don't think anyone said anything about him "walking". They mentioned "leading" the team onto the field. I expect him to be in a wheelchair.

Remember when Cincy on the road laid like 69 on the Rutts a couple years back?

Yeah, that.
Pretty sure that was a 4-8 Cincy team last year.:rolling:

WVU will win by 4 touchdowns. Rutgers is a bad team. WVU is a very good team. WVU has the talent and a true coaching wonderkind dynamo on offense and most teams can't keep up with that offense. WVU can play with anyone in the country other than LSU and Alabama. WVU can win a BCS game against just about anyone else. Obviously, they can lose a BCS game also, but its pretty clear WVU has the opportunity to win against anyone, again other than LSU/Bama. SU isn't there yet to be able to compete with teams like LSU, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Oklahoma,Texas, Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Penn St., USC, Stanford, Oregon, Boise St., and Clemson. SU in a BCS game would get crushed by any of those teams this year, just like UCONN did last year. For 1 night though, SU was better than WVU and I hope SU keeps playing like they did last Friday and wins out to take the BCS. It certainly is possible and I'll hope for the best. SU will have to, because WVU will win out its schedule. I don't care how many times other defenses watch the tape of Friday's game. SU had one of those magical nights.

WVU will win by 4 touchdowns. Rutgers is a bad team. WVU is a very good team. WVU has the talent and a true coaching wonderkind dynamo on offense and most teams can't keep up with that offense. WVU can play with anyone in the country other than LSU and Alabama. WVU can win a BCS game against just about anyone else. Obviously, they can lose a BCS game also, but its pretty clear WVU has the opportunity to win against anyone, again other than LSU/Bama. SU isn't there yet to be able to compete with teams like LSU, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Oklahoma,Texas, Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Penn St., USC, Stanford, Oregon, Boise St., and Clemson. SU in a BCS game would get crushed by any of those teams this year, just like UCONN did last year. For 1 night though, SU was better than WVU and I hope SU keeps playing like they did last Friday and wins out to take the BCS. It certainly is possible and I'll hope for the best. SU will have to, because WVU will win out its schedule. I don't care how many times other defenses watch the tape of Friday's game. SU had one of those magical nights.
i hate these posts. every year people make these posts about how great one team or another is, yet in the big east none of it matters. for as much as we hate rutgers, they have athletes and they create turnovers, they have a punchers chance to win any game. color me unimpressed by west virginia.

edit: west virginia only favored by 7.

Coming off an embarrassing loss, and heading to play Rutgers this weekend. Normally, I wouldn't really give Rutgers any credit, because screw Rutgers. However, this weekend they are going to be led onto the field by Eric LeGrand. One freaking year after he was paralyzed from the neck down.

I cannot imagine the "chills factor" that will be going on in that stadium. If his teammates can't get amped to play the best game of their lives after being led onto the field by their formerly paralyzed teammate, who is a truly inspirational and amazing kid, then I don't know what can.

I don't know if this has already been posted already, but it's so cool that I don't really care, it deserves to be mentioned again.

I hear ya but with that logic, when 9/11 happened there was no better reason for the yankees to win the world series for the nyc.

That's great about LeGrand. We should think about doing the same with Long. While not a football injury which makes it a bit different than LeGrand, his situation was and is more precarious. I think the crowd would love to see Long run on the field with the team.

That would be awesome. Maybe if the idea is planted in the next day or two, they could pull it off by our next home game? It would be a big boost for what I still believe is going to be a tough game against USF (I know they're 0-3 in conference, but still, I think they are dangerous).

Or even better, the Cincy game, since that could very well decide who wins the BE title.

I'd hate to be West Virginia EVERY weekend. Every weekday, too.

Good for Eric I wish the yong man the best in life... and Rutgers will be fired up... However, I still hope they lose by 30 points...!!!! Go WVU!!!!

I called a Rutgirls win on their board...I just think they have the defense to push around WVU.

Yeah I thought that was strange when I saw it.

WVU won't have a problem with Rutgers. Schiano will try to duplicate SU's gameplan both on offense and defense. Holgorsen will have all week to make adjustments and his players will be ready for it this time.

And Rutgers won't be nearly as productive as SU on offense because they don't have as good a running game or as physical an offensive line.

WVU 32...Rutgers 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom