I'd trade a win tomorrow night... | Syracusefan.com

I'd trade a win tomorrow night...

bpo57

Living Legend
Meant to say trade for a win tomorrow night by giving up an NCAA win later this month as long as that win wasn't in the regional final. I know that is irrational and rather foolish but I'd love for SU to deal the Hoyas one final blow on the way out. I am not highly confident of that happening cuz they're a bad match-up for us imo but much stranger things have happened.

I was thinking about this, too, and I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

I am not highly confident of that happening cuz they're a bad match-up for us imo but much stranger things have happened.
Pitt's a worse matchup for us.

Win tomorrow night and we are only packing white jerseys for the first and second round of the NCAAs. Plus, it may get Georgetown pegged down to a 2 seed and in Midwest region with Indiana again.

Meant to say trade for a win tomorrow night by giving up an NCAA win later this month as long as that win wasn't in the regional final. I know that is irrational and rather foolish but I'd love for SU to deal the Hoyas one final blow on the way out. I am not highly confident of that happening cuz they're a bad match-up for us imo but much stranger things have happened.
satan-3-by-jack-chick.gif

"Perhaps we could trade for something else?"

Final Four... or a G'town stomping tomorrow night (instead of a repeat of Saturday) ... ready, go!

Anybody who picks tomorrow night versus playing on the biggest stage in college basketball the Final Four is insane and needs to have their head examined. I want to win BADLY tomorrow night, but if you told me we would lose tomorrow night and win the next 4 games in the NCAA Tournament I would say let Georgetown beat us by 50.

It's easy to say that with the future tense in mind ... if you're looking back 5, 10, 20 years if losing in the elite 8 but crushing g'town ... its better consolation than losing in the semis but living with g'town owning us in the final year. All about perspective.

It's easy to say that with the future tense in mind ... if you're looking back 5, 10, 20 years if losing in the elite 8 but crushing g'town ... its better consolation than losing in the semis but living with g'town owning us in the final year. All about perspective.
In 20 years Gtown will be a distant memory, the Final Four always has legs. We beat Gtown 3 times in 2003 and won the NC what gets mentioned? The NC. A Final Four matters WAY more to the program, and I would give Marsh's left nut for the win tomorrow night. I just think people are forgetting the NCAA tournament matters more. I want a Final Four run badly for the perception of the program. Ben Howland has been to 3 Final Fours since SU has been to 1.

i dont think i
have two souls.. not many have theirs left after 03 i fear..
Speaking of which, I semi-hacked an online March Madness tournament, nothing on the wrong side of legal, but figured out how to make 2 or more entries and change as I saw fit.
I didn't do it, kept it to my original bracket all along. Why? Cause I have morals, couldn't cheat like that.
Another reason might be that I had Cuse (in all brackets) to win it.
And they did, boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pitt's a worse matchup for us.

Can't agree with you there only because they are offensively challenged and don't have much going for them out of the center position.

A win in the NCAA Tournament is better than a win in the BE Tournament 100% of the time. No exceptions.

No it isn't, you get a trophy for winning the BE that you can show recruits. Getting tossed out of the NCAA 1st or 2nd round won't help or hurt your program either way. No one will remember you unless you get to the sweet 16 or better.

Getting tossed out of the NCAA 1st or 2nd round won't help or hurt your program either way.

Then why do we get tortured on an annual basis for the Vermont loss? I would trade our BET title for a win over that team any day of the week.

Then why do we get tortured on an annual basis for the Vermont loss? I would trade our BET title for a win over that team any day of the week.

We don't, we torture ourselves about it. Think about that huge a$$ trophy that'll fit so nicely in the trophy case at the Melo Center- BE champs 2013!