Class of 2017 - Idealistic, yet realistic Class of 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Idealistic, yet realistic Class of 2017

Rocco

Watching you.
To the basketball wizards here, please list how the class will close out.

Thanks in advance and you'll be proud when we whip up on Notre Dome this weekend on the field.

Is there room for both tucker and randolph
Yes, we could use another 3 this year. We will have none returning. Plus, both are capable of playing up top, if need be. Randolph seems to be a 2/3 and Tucker a 3/2, but at the end of the day, they are wings and this team will, most likely, have none returning, depending on if Battle returns.

Green
Randolph
Brissett
Sidibe

I feel pretty good about those guys.

I used to feel very good about Tucker but Francis doesn't feel good, so I feel less good. The move to Georgia isn't a help.

I'm not confident in either of the big time bigs, Richards or Bamba. Bamba is more likely but I'm not expecting that at all.

I have no clue about Hameir Wright. I like his game but just don't have anything on that.

Lonnie Walker, I'd still be surprised. I think he winds up at Nova. We have a shot but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about it.

So I think it'll be the 4 I listed and then hopefully a surprise and then throw in a bunch of grad transfers and who knows, maybe JB goes the juco route too. So I agree with tee, except I don't think we get Bamba and would be shocked beyond belief if we are in play for Richards. I feel most confident about Brissett and Green.

Last edited:
Agree with Tee and Iommi here, but I think we sign someone else we aren't thinking of in the Spring. At this time last year we had just started recruiting Taurean Thompson. Pretty impressed at the grinding the staff has done the past 16 months.

I think we are in good shape with Green and because of him Randolf and possibly Bamba. The situation with the bigs is the most interesting to me right now. Richards is either going to UK or SU he visits UK this weekend. If he commits to UK what happens with Bamba?

I think we are in good shape with Green and because of him Randolf and possibly Bamba. The situation with the bigs is the most interesting to me right now. Richards is either going to UK or SU he visits UK this weekend. If he commits to UK what happens with Bamba?

The good thing with the bigs is after this year we should still have Chukwu, Thompson and Moyer. It's probably hard to convince some of immediate playing time when we are pretty much guaranteed of 3 very talented guys returning. I know Bamba wouldn't be scared away, but maybe some of the other guys would.

The good thing with the bigs is after this year we should still have Chukwu, Thompson and Moyer. It's probably hard to convince some of immediate playing time when we are pretty much guaranteed of 3 very talented guys returning. I know Bamba wouldn't be scared away, but maybe some of the other guys would.
I don't think either Bamba or Richards would be scared away. And Sidibe would probably understand that he would have to wait his turn.

We could get away with just taking Sidibe because you are right Chukwu and a second year Thompson should be enough to man the middle next season. Heck if we get Richards or Bamba I could see either of them getting some time as the PF with Chukwu in the middle. Bamba and Richards aren't likely to be scared away by anyone though. We are in decent shape however without either so your point is solid.

I know that wings and guards are the priority but I think we are going to be fine there. I expect to land Green and Randolf. Tucker is still in play and Walker is a possibility although likely a long shot. We are in good shape with Brissett but he seems more like a combo forward than a wing and likely frontcourt depth next season if we land him plus we will have Moyer coming back. I think we bring in a grad transfer wing to round things out either way.

To the basketball wizards here, please list how the class will close out.

Thanks in advance and you'll be proud when we whip up on Notre Dome this weekend on the field.

Two things to keep in mind:
  1. If we land Quade Green, we could see a couple of things shift b/c other guys want to come play with him. Green is a big domino
  2. We need to bring in at least two wings, especially if Battle departs
Green, Randolph, Tucker, Brisset, Sidibe, with a grad transfer mixed in .

Class of six players, would bring us to 10 next season. 7 would be a lot in one class [unless there is a sleeper type that they bring in, then redshirt].

Two things to keep in mind:
  1. If we land Quade Green, we could see a couple of things shift b/c other guys want to come play with him. Green is a big domino
  2. We need to bring in at least two wings, especially if Battle departs
Green, Randolph, Tucker, Brisset, Sidibe, with a grad transfer mixed in .

Class of six players, would bring us to 10 next season. 7 would be a lot in one class [unless there is a sleeper type that they bring in, then redshirt].

I could see this class. But possibly substitute Tucker with Wright. Would be a mighty fine class...

Green
Randolph
Brissett
Sidibe

I feel pretty good about those guys.

I used to feel very good about Tucker but Francis doesn't feel good, so I feel less good. The move to Georgia isn't a help.

I'm not confident in either of the big time bigs, Richards or Bamba. Bamba is more likely but I'm not expecting that at all.

I have no clue about Hameir Wright. I like his game but just don't have anything on that.

Lonnie Walker, I'd still be surprised. I think he winds up at Nova. We have a shot but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about it.

So I think it'll be the 4 I listed and then hopefully a surprise and then throw in a bunch of grad transfers and who knows, maybe JB goes the juco route too. So I agree with tee, except I don't think we get Bamba and would be shocked beyond belief if we are in play for Richards. I feel most confident about Brissett and Green.
agree agree agree

and the nice thing is...those 4 are most likely not 1 and dones (green maybe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom