Idiot quote of the day from..yes you guessed Hoyatalk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Idiot quote of the day from..yes you guessed Hoyatalk

""The main thing I have noticed over the years as the difference between the way the average Georgetown fan feels about syracuse and the average syracuse fan feels about Georgetown is that while both groups hate the other with a fiery passion. Syracuse fans are forced to begrudgingly respect us , while we have no reason to respect syracuse at all. The way Georgetown runs our program demands respect. While the way Syracuse runs their programs demands nothing but contempt. That is and always will be the difference between the programs.""

I think this pretty much encapsulates every message board ever. Everyone thinks their team is different and special, and their rival sucks and is dirty.

If last week's uconn game taught us anything--and it hasn't--its that we need to stop predicting good things for our team!!!

You're right but most of us are slow learners. We didn't learn our lesson after posting things before the UConn game. Although I will say our posts saying not to overlook Providence definitely was the main reason we won Wednesday night!

This is my favorite post so far. The board really likes to preach moral superiority.

""The main thing I have noticed over the years as the difference between the way the average Georgetown fan feels about syracuse and the average syracuse fan feels about Georgetown is that while both groups hate the other with a fiery passion. Syracuse fans are forced to begrudgingly respect us , while we have no reason to respect syracuse at all. The way Georgetown runs our program demands respect. While the way Syracuse runs their programs demands nothing but contempt. That is and always will be the difference between the programs.""

I just read that. It's cute that this kid thinks their program demands respect. :rolleyes:

Ya finally getting past the sweet 16 last year and playing a very competitive game against Ohio State eased the pain a little bit as it was clear without Melo we werent going all the way but the team was at least able to avoid an early upset (thank god we didnt lose to a freeking 16 seed). Would have been nice to get to the final four but I had no illusions that this team was getting by Kentucky without Melo, I shudder to think what Davis would have done to Keita.

that Ohio State game hard! those refs (specifically Higgins) and the 28 fouls called on us including 5 on southy in 11 mins and 5 on waiters in 20 minutes. fat boy Sullinger charging into Keita and Rak and getting a trip to the free throw line for his troubles repeatedly and Aaron Craft's clutch grab bull all game and somehow playing 39 minutes. That game wasn't competitive, we just manged to keep it close despite playing 5 on 8 vs O$U and a pack of wild zebra's. I'm not even an angry person but had I not been watching that game with family I likely would've punched something.

Back on topic... Georgetown, John Higgins mother's a Hoya.

Gotta love how they're sure that we'll have no answer for Jabril Trawick (a 5.6 pt/game scorer who shoots 31% from 3).

I will readily admit that Porter and Starks concern me and, together, could give us fits. The rest of that team? not so much...

whittington was the guy who had me worried .. luckily he found chucks and missed the first semester... last i heard devo knocked him on his arse for bad mouthing cuse..

on a serious note.. letting porter shoot the foul line j and staying close to starks and rivera and we got this..

I enjoyed the poster who said injury and academic eligibility never seems to impact us (implication being we don't get injuries, and that we cheat to keep people eligible).

That's fine, whatever, say what you want about academics. Frankly with these random ineligible important cogs the past couple years, I expect that. But this same dumbass mentioned Onuaku in the same sentence as Fab after talking about eligibility, which I can only take to mean he's questioning how AO stayed eligible, unless either I'm reading it wrong or he is just horrible with the English language and phrased it poorly. AO, by all accounts, is a very bright dude.

F*** Georgetown and their assclown fans. I hope they enjoy becoming a mid-major.

im ready for this game now .. lets kick their @sses all over the court.. drop em for their worst loss in program history..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom