If Allen is physically up to it, how don't you think he | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Allen is physically up to it, how don't you think he

I can't say I know this off the top of my head, but would Doug be looking at a specific kind of OL with the added running ability of ZA?

Ryans best attribute is his brain. He really ran a beautiful O the second half of the year. I had a chance to watch a few practices this year and without ever having seen ZA or Wilson in person i would say that this is a horse race between Loeb and Hunt. They are both solid QB's and i feel as if they will both provide us with a chance to do very well. My two cents is that Hunt has more upside and will provide us with a better chance to make plays with a suspect OL. If Charlie could play behind this years OL he would pick teams apart. The wild card which is in Charlies favor is that if he starts Hicky gets to remain at his natural position of RT which makes the OL much stronger and doesnt place the burder on a newbie to protect the blind side of a righty. My call because of this is Charlie. Long term i think we are in great shape. Hunt ZA and Wilson in the wings. Best shape in a very long time.

So you saw Hunt running the scout team?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They are going to end up with 6000 yds, close to 50 TD's, with, and no insult intended, average talent at best. There wasn't a skill guy other than maybe Lemon, that starts on the 90's teams. I'd rather they stay on that path.

Better feet at QB- more yardage than this year.

So you saw Hunt running the scout team?

Have you seen him in action? who do you think gets the nod next year.

Have you seen him in action? who do you think gets the nod next year.

A year ago I thought Hunt would be next years QB but I thought he would have some packages this season. Getting in trouble hurt those chances if there even was a thought of him plying some this year.

Now I think Loeb will be the guy next year.

Better feet at QB- more yardage than this year.
Better feet at the expense of less accurate arm and making improper calls at the line of scrimmage will yield FAR less yards than this year.

Better feet at the expense of less accurate arm and making improper calls at the line of scrimmage will yield FAR less yards than this year.
My first thought is that it makes sense to lean on Loeb. If someone else is much better, so much the better.

HCDM was asked how Hunt was progressing in practice after his suspension and his response was that Hunt was running the scout team so there was no way to evaluate him or any other scout team QB (i.e. Kinder). He explained that the scout team QB does nothing more than throw to a particular receiver based upon a sign held up by a member of the staff and they make no reads or adjustments so he could not say anything good or bad about Hunt.

That was the same day that Allen made his first visit to the Cuse and all I can say is Marrone was fired up and was thrilled with the way the Whitman School sold this recruit on SU. He was asked what he thought about Trent Dilfer making comments on ESPN about Zach Allen being as as good as Colt McCoy except he had a better arm. Marrone said he has known Dilfer for 15 years and he called hecalled up Dilfer to "thank him" ;) for putting Allen on every colleges teams radar. Marrone never mentioned Allen by name but he was as animated/fired up as I have ever seen him when talking about the "QB from Texas." I honestly believe that Allen is Marrone's guy and he will be under center next season.

I for one would prefer to see Allen start next season as a true freshman as opposed to playing our first two years in the ACC with QB's (Loeb & Allen) who have never started a college game.

If Allen proves to be that good then by all means play him.

Yes, better feet with blindness would hamper productivity as well.

The presumption is that the QB with good feet would also be able to throw accurately and read defenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom