If Arizona had won that game last night | Syracusefan.com

If Arizona had won that game last night

Dcuse

All Conference
I would hope there would be a federal investigation. Giving them the ball on that last possesion on an overturn was criminal.

I would hope there would be a federal investigation. Giving them the ball on that last possesion on an overturn was criminal.

so similar to mich-tenn.

the ball clearly went off tenn player (easily seen live), they call it tenn ball, go to replay and the replay clearly shows off of tenn player and they keep it tenn ball.

a few seconds later tenn gets called for a phantom charge (although the call gave them a chance. if you watch the replay - if there wasnt a charge - the ball was stolen and mich would have possibly been able to run out clock).

last night

a phantom charge call.

2 seconds later

a 50-50 ball and a 50-50 replay but they give it to ariz (from my opinion the right call... but you CANT overturn based on that evidence).

The second I saw that Tony Greene was officiating that game I knew there would be some terrible calls...

At the time I saw it as a make-up call.
I was rooting for Wiscy, but I thought the charge was a terrible call, especially in that situation.

Something I don't get is when you have the lead and the ball out of bounds with 3 secs left, why not run a play where you heave it the length of the court? The clock would start as soon as someone touches it, usually a scramble for the ball ensues, and even if Zona came up with it, there wouldn't be enough time to get the ball up court for a decent shot.

Last edited:
Giving the losing team a chance to win/lose on the court with a final long shot chance - rather than taking the heat and controversy of letting a 50/50 call determine the outcome? Evening the playing field? Who knows - interesting though.

i think its crazy how many of these reviews have actually led to nothing but long delays with no real good shot of what the correct call was.. they should do what mlb/nhl are doing for the ncaa games and remove it from the 3 refs and send it to a central office where it can be done quicker and removed the crowd,coaches,emotion from the equation.

so similar to mich-tenn.

the ball clearly went off tenn player (easily seen live), they call it tenn ball, go to replay and the replay clearly shows off of tenn player and they keep it tenn ball.

a few seconds later tenn gets called for a phantom charge (although the call gave them a chance. if you watch the replay - if there wasnt a charge - the ball was stolen and mich would have possibly been able to run out clock).

last night

a phantom charge call.

2 seconds later

a 50-50 ball and a 50-50 replay but they give it to ariz (from my opinion the right call... but you CANT overturn based on that evidence).
How is blatantly shoving a defender away with your off hand a "phantom charge call"?

i really hope you are being sarcastic.
Not sure what you mean. Thought it was an obvious offensive foul. However, I thought they should have called the bump by the Wisconsin player that led to the push-off.

To me it seemed like it went off Wisconsin. At first it seemed obvious it went off Zona as you focused on Zona player and wiscy right hand. But then you started to notice wiscy left hand.

In that game both teams got some awful calls. Wisconsin must've won the coin flip to have the bad calls go against them early (2nd foul on Kaminsky) and then Zona got the late bad whistles.

Not sure what you mean. Thought it was an obvious offensive foul. However, I thought they should have called the bump by the Wisconsin player that led to the push-off.
and because of that, I thought it should have been a play on. Contact from both players, and he got an open although off balance shot, so let the play determine the outcome, not the whistle.

How is blatantly shoving a defender away with your off hand a "phantom charge call"?
Ball handler extended his arm AFTER the defender initiated the first contact which, if any call was made, should have been a foul and resulted in a 1-and-1. The best situation would have been a no call since the 2nd contact wasn't any more of an advantage than the first contact. And I didn't care who won the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom