If Bourama is out for season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Bourama is out for season

Its not like we don't have time to get one in the next class, we need a true big men in the worst way. Sad when mid majors have better bigs than us

Not limited to just bigs.

This suggestion is a complete flyer that will never happen -- but I wonder if there is any possibility to add a JUCO big man at midseason, a kid who might already be academically qualified and thus eligible to play right away.

Can't envision JB ever making that kind of move, but it sure would be nice to add another scholarship player to the mix. This is another example of how missing out on Moustapha Diagne hurts us.

You never know. What’s funny is Diagne is still not cleared at WKU (he had declared for the draft) and Stansbury said he may have to bring in a big and there were a few out there that could enroll for 2nd semester.

With Sidibe out, we are one or two injuries away from what would become a really bad ACC season.

And if that unfortunately happened (and I certainly hope not) that would be OK with me, because really this year is about showing we are on the right track for better seasons in the future. And we have proved that so far this year.

If it's depth rather than lack of talent / ability that kills our season, I am comfortable heading into next season when that depth issue should be hopefully be resolved.

might come down to stealing just enough games w our makeshift lineup(s) through sheer grit - tall order for sure

interesting that a couple of weeks ago, shortly after the ankle injury, Bourama himself said the knee issue isn't a big deal, that he can play through that

With Sidibe out, we are one or two injuries away from what would become a really bad ACC season.

And if that unfortunately happened (and I certainly hope not) that would be OK with me, because really this year is about showing we are on the right track for better seasons in the future. And we have proved that so far this year.

That sounds too much like where we are with our football program, not basketball! I want to see some damn results THIS year while putting the pieces together for a nice run next year.

You never know. What’s funny is Diagne is still not cleared at WKU (he had declared for the draft) and Stansbury said he may have to bring in a big and there were a few out there that could enroll for 2nd semester.

Sign me up. We could use the depth, and we could use another big more specifically. We also have an open scholarship to use, so it wouldn't impair our ability to bring in other kids down the road.

It’s extremely frustrating that we went into the late summer thinking we had 3 centers and plenty of depth at the position with Chukwu, Thompson and Sidibe, and now we’re down to one.

interesting that a couple of weeks ago, shortly after the ankle injury, Bourama himself said the knee issue isn't a big deal, that he can play through that

He seemed convincing too like it truly wasn’t a big deal.

Sign me up. We could use the depth, and we could use another big more specifically. We also have an open scholarship to use, so it wouldn't impair our ability to bring in other kids down the road.

Would be a tough transition mid-season. 2-3 isn't exactly plug and play. On the other hand I can't imagine going through the ACC season with a 7-man roster.

Just some brute to bang and pick up fouls. There’s gotta be somebody like that I would think. No easy baskets and I could care less if he wouldn’t be able to pick up the zone. A strong body would do.

Probably no way to find out but I wonder if a D1 team has ever suited up 7 or fewer scholarship players. We're looking at a historically short roster.
13 scholarship limit
- 2 from NCAA sanctions
- 1 for Hughes as a redshirting transfer
- 1 for Thompson's mommy not letting him come out to play
- 1 for Geno taking a walk
- 1 for Sidibe shutting it down.

Talk about a perfect storm!

Probably no way to find out but I wonder if a D1 team has ever suited up 7 or fewer scholarship players. We're looking at a historically short roster.
13 scholarship limit
- 2 from NCAA sanctions
- 1 for Hughes as a redshirting transfer
- 1 for Thompson's mommy not letting him come out to play
- 1 for Geno taking a walk
- 1 for Sidibe shutting it down.

Talk about a perfect storm!

Syracuse in 07-08.

Greene
Flynn
Harris
Arinze
Scoop
Rick
Kristof

I'm sure kcsu is a great guy (really sure actually). I know he is a great fan and supporter. But, he tends to, you know, "say stuff"... a lot.
Lots of posters say stuff, but kcsu has been on Bourama's knee issue for a while now.

Lots of posters say stuff, but kcsu has been on Bourama's knee issue for a while now.
hmm, maybe, but to me it's sounded like he knows how typical tendinitis and treatment goes but doesn't/wouldn't know the specifics of Bourama's

I'm sure kcsu is a great guy (really sure actually). I know he is a great fan and supporter. But, he tends to, you know, "say stuff"... a lot.
To be fair, he knows JB and staff, and has been around the program in the past. So putting 2 and 2 together, I bet he could find out things. Just my .02

Reactions: 007
I have been and my family has been around SU for generations. My INFO in Sids case is that his tendinitis is pretty severe. Tendinitis is a tricky injury as unlike an ACL or broken bone you cant fix it with surgery and rehab. In short it is unique to each individual and as such requires very specific individualized treatment.

I have been and my family has been around SU for generations. My INFO in Sids case is that his tendinitis is pretty severe. Tendinitis is a tricky injury as unlike an ACL or broken bone you cant fix it with surgery and rehab. In short it is unique to each individual and as such requires very specific individualized treatment.
thanks for you info