If CDRW is the best we have behind Shrader | Syracusefan.com

If CDRW is the best we have behind Shrader

Let’s find out. Who cares!

Worse than 7-17 for 37 yards and 4 ints against BC at home in a dome?

READ THAT STAT LINE FOLKS

I agree, and can't believe that there wasn't a switch at halftime. It was obvious, the offense was going nowhere with CDRW. Why is Babers always so worried about making a change mid-game.

At one point, CDRW was 2-7 with 2 Ints. The passes were to our TE and our RB.

Let’s find out. Who cares!

Worse than 7-17 for 37 yards and 4 ints against BC at home in a dome?

READ THAT STAT LINE FOLKS
I’m not defending CDRW but that stat line is deceiving because of all those dropped passes by the receivers. His completion ratio should have been much higher. All those INTs are definitely on him though.

He was a half-second late on almost every throw. And what happened to his cannon? It turned into a popgun.
We’ve seen some awful QB play over the years but last night absolutely took the cake. 7-17 , 37 yards, 4 INT’s and we called the game like we knew that was what to be expected. I know Sellers stuck us in a tough spot at the last minute but how can you go into the season knowing this is what we have at backup?

Ball was a little bit behind him, but Hatcher literally had the ball in his hands for a catch and the Dback just took it from him. Not even the first time that’s happened this season.
I’m more surprised when he actually does catch it to be honest. Too bad we couldn’t bulk him up cause he’s a great blocker. Not the best trait to have for our apparent #1 WR

I think u mean Davis. And if Lamson couldn’t beat out cdrw then he must stink or the coaches can’t evaluate the position
He beat him out. He wanted a chance to compete in the fall to start and was told the job was Shraders . That is why i was told by someone who probably knows better than anyone other than his parents why he transferred.

I can't imagine how bad Sellers and MacPhail are.
What does Sellers have to do with this?

During the game, why didn't we just acknowledge that passing wasn't an option and run the ball? We averaged like 6+ YPC.

He beat him out. He wanted a chance to compete in the fall to start and was told the job was Shraders . That is why i was told by someone who probably knows better than anyone other than his parents why he transferred.

I'm not sure I buy this since Shrader was coming off arm surgery and hadn't even been throwing when Lamson left. At that point in time, how did anyone know if Shrader was even going to be able to play?

If coaches actually said that without open competition then they should be fired for negligence or dereliction of duty. Man I don't even know HS coaches that promise returning starters their jobs before the season starts. How do you get everyone to show up and compete then. (but then again seems totally plausible for Babers.)

I'm not sure I buy this since Shrader was coming off arm surgery and hadn't even been throwing when Lamson left. At that point in time, how did anyone know if Shrader was even going to be able to play?

If coaches actually said that without open competition then they should be fired for negligence or dereliction of duty. Man I don't even know HS coaches that promise returning starters their jobs before the season starts. How do you get everyone to show up and compete then. (but then again seems totally plausible for Babers.)
I mean I have watched Lamson some this year as well, he's been running the ball OK but not much on the passing end. I don't think he would have helped much either. In fact, I think he stinks too

I mean I have watched Lamson some this year as well, he's been running the ball OK but not much on the passing end. I don't think he would have helped much either. In fact, I think he stinks too

I think it's just perplexing to see 2 QBs leave the team in the off season when the guys who remained are that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom