If fall sports are cancelled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If fall sports are cancelled

i dont think any schools have 100+ million that they just dont spend even the IVies with huge endowements dont have that much free to handle this crisis. even if the schools had put 10% away for the last 20 yrs they wouldnt have that much because at some point they would have spent some of it.

i dont think any schools have 100+ million that they just dont spend even the IVies with huge endowements dont have that much free to handle this crisis. even if the schools had put 10% away for the last 20 yrs they wouldnt have that much because at some point they would have spent some of it.

agreed. They need to save the schools not the athletic depts. there is a lot more paying students than tv deals

A lot of schools will merge if I had to guess.

In a good year the plan is typically for a school to put ~2% "profit" into their endowment.

{snip}

I truly wonder how title iv survives w this.Congress will deal w this when sec senators are pushed for a bailout at their schools
Where are the repeal votes? No D will vote for it, especially the women. There are 22 "SEC senators", a tad short of a majority. To be precise, they're not bailing out the schools, they'd be bailing out the athletic departments because I would imagine that those 11 states have laws prohibiting state funds from going to athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom