If Grier, Sills Etc. Don't Play... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Grier, Sills Etc. Don't Play...

Worry about the things you can control.

10 win seasons are special, no matter how you get there.

We won 10 my freshman and sophomore years at SU. ('91 and '92). I was spoiled. We've only done it once since then, '01.

Anything that adds to the misery of the West Virginia fans that seem to think they're Alabama all of the sudden, well that's just an added bonus.

I’ll put it another way. Given the choice of beating them without him Or losing with him I’ll take the win. Not saying we don’t have the chance to win, but if those were my options that’s what I’ll take.

Listen, they could roll out a team of mini-Dana Holgorsens, and if we get win #10, I straight up don't give a shiz.

Also...

Assuming we win the bowl, that means Babers enters next season only one game under .500 as Syracuse's head coach.

That's wild. And it just gets better and better from there.

WV fans are already claiming ambivalence no matter who plays... Lost year where they should have been in the Big12 title game and made the playoffs... Big 12 not sticking up for them in the bowl selection process... Don't care about this 3rd tier bowl and don't expect the players will either..

In other words, if they lose, they didn't try and no one cares anyways...

Sounds like they have all the excuses lined up and need a little cheese with their whine...

Holgo will deffo have his team ready tho, I would think... regardless of what their delusional hillbilly fans think...
Maybe they should have tried a little harder to re-schedule the NC State game or found another opponent like NC State and others did instead of assuming you would make the B12 championship game. You only won 8 games. You lost your last 2 games. You lost 3 conference games . Or maybe you shouldn't have gotten blown out by Iowa St? Or lost to 3-6 in conference OK St. Lots of reasons they are in this game and zero reasons that indicate they deserved better. Syracuse lost 3 games, 2 to the #2 and #3 CFP seeds and the other a "bad OT loss" to a team that appeared in the ACC Championship game. Bring on the 'eers, they are always fun to beat.

Don't care. The W is a W, even in the end of this recruiting period, much less years from now when folks have forgotten what happened.

Would you feel better if Grier started but we knocked him out of the game, THEN beat the backup?

I feel like I'm supposed to be moral here and say "No." But yes, I would, because he would be out as a result of something that happened within the game, likely from a big hit from our defense.

tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
How many QBs have we KO’d? Our DL crushes people. I absolutely would not play us if I was a senior QB and I thought I’d get drafted.

Yea, good luck with that. Lol. Those sections seem similar to the ones at met life we’ve had. All I remember was the $11 roast beef sandwiches that my son insisted on having two of.
I remember the $19 sub sandwich at the MetLife suite that I just couldn't bring myself to buy. It was just a medium sub sandwich. Nothing special. Maybe $8 at Wegmans. I guess if you get mad at the prices for food then you shouldn't pay $160 for a ticket.

If parking is any evidence, it is going to be expensive to eat. It costs $42 to park there. It was $30 at MetLife. Could we be looking at $25 sub sandwiches? Sigh.

Maybe they should have tried a little harder to re-schedule the NC State game or found another opponent like NC State and others did instead of assuming you would make the B12 championship game. You only won 8 games. You lost your last 2 games. You lost 3 conference games . Or maybe you shouldn't have gotten blown out by Iowa St? Or lost to 3-6 in conference OK St. Lots of reasons they are in this game and zero reasons that indicate they deserved better. Syracuse lost 3 games, 2 to the #2 and #3 CFP seeds and the other a "bad OT loss" to a team that appeared in the ACC Championship game. Bring on the 'eers, they are always fun to beat.
WVU didn't lose to OK ST they lost to Iowa ST and Oklahoma

This is where I am. Maybe a few years down the road I will want to “prove our worth” against a full strength opponent but right now 95% of the benefit is getting 10 wins on the resume. Period.

Pile up the wins, continue to improve recruiting (get in the 20-30 range) and then we will have a legitimate shot at being a top 5 team once per recruiting class or so. It won’t be until that time that the opponent will matter. Until then, it’s all about quantity of wins.

I agree, but , if their stars dont play it will affect the acute popularity of the game. Its a nice matchup, I personally wanted to see a foe we haven't seen in recent years, like an upper tier b12 team, mid level SEC, or a B10 squad.

The ratings will definitely be affected if grier and other prospects dont play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom