If he took Wheatley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If he took Wheatley

There is no offensive coordinator.

I would be surprised if we retained any of the offensive coaches. They need to make sure they have jobs and Shafer can't knee-cap an incoming OC by dictating staff necessarily.

This ^^^^

If I'm an offensive assistant, I'm in cover my ass mode. If Marrone is offering me a NFL gig that is a sure thing, I'm taking it. Anyone who's ever been through a reorganiziation knows that new bosses like to have their own people around them, as Shafer put it, someone they trust "immensely". I would have loved to see Adkins and Wheatley still around because I thought they did a great job here but I'm also not going to expect a new OC to not want his own people either.

I went through 5 mergers and it is no fun. Puts you and your family through a great deal of anxiety. Lifelines are precious commodity.

This is what sports fans do - they bitch when people leave, they bitch when people get hired. People expect that their coaches, players, etc...are as fanatical for their team as they are. And they have their own ideas about what the team should do. I don't really get the people that are surprised at the hurt feelings or feel like explaining that it's just life or a business. It's entertainment - and everyone gets out of it what they want.

Everyone moves on eventually anyway - and the board will return to normal (which is only slightly less abnormal than it is now).

Unless it's stupid personal attacks on players/coaches, who cares - let 'em vent for a week or two. lol

I just hate to see the ripping on the program. It doesn't help. Okay,you can make a case that it doesn't hurt either. We've been around that discussion here ad nauseam too. I think it does.

Marrone's email to players: "I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse".

Let's at least be honest.

Marrone's email to players: "I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse".

Sounds honest to me. What's your point?

Rob Moore? Where did he go?

Moore hasn't gone anywhere. In fact, I think he is the ONLY offense coach who hasn't departed in the past week [unless I'm mistaken].

That was the point I was making in the post you responded to.

I have to say something too. I have no problem with posters expressing THEIR opinions about displeasure right now. If someone wants to post what they feel they can, their is no room here for someone to say how someone else should feel.
We are all different, no one reacts the same to situations.

If you want to voice your opinion(whether it be "good" or "bad") go right ahead, some people have feel different than others...remember that.

Moore hasn't gone anywhere. In fact, I think he is the ONLY offense coach who hasn't departed in the past week [unless I'm mistaken].

That was the point I was making in the post you responded to.
Reading comp problems on my end. I read it as he was forced out

TW hasn't gone anywhere either, right?

He's full of . Which is par for the football coaching coaching course, but he sold the Syracuse fanbase on something different.

Although some on this board have claimed otherwise, the only coaches that are confirmed to have left the team are Marrone and Hackett.

3...2...1... someone posts that this doesn't represent all of the players
My initial reaction to that is: even the players can't spell his name right.

That, and let's Go Orange! Moving on!

Retained any? Are there any who haven't left of their own volition other than Rob Moore?

retained past participle, past tense of re·tain (Verb)

Verb
  1. Continue to have (something); keep possession of: "the house retains many original features".
  2. Not abolish, discard, or alter.
I just don't think we will see more than one asst who coached on the offensive side back. Mostly due to involuntary departures since all positions coaches we still have have no clue who their OC might be...and whether that person would bring in his own gang. That's all.

I have to say something too. I have no problem with posters expressing THEIR opinions about displeasure right now. If someone wants to post what they feel they can, their is no room here for someone to say how someone else should feel.
We are all different, no one reacts the same to situations.

If you want to voice your opinion(whether it be "good" or "bad") go right ahead, some people have feel different than others...remember that.

Which is fine, but when some and many here are presenting their opinion as fact as if they were in the room with Marrone and Gross or how the search was conducted, or slinging names at the wall like Dan Mullen as if they were viable options then I think some will take issue. In addition, coaches take staff with them when they go to the next job. Plain and simple. Those coaches get a pay bump a chance to advance their career, it is the business. Most were calling for hackett's head 4 months ago.. Now he is a can't miss up and comer, the savior!!!!! Again, I don't give a rats ass what Marrone told Gross, obviously it changed and he went after Hackett, it happens all the time in business. Fans wanted loyalty after Marrone left and get all pissed off, it's two way street, there is no loyalty in that game, not when coaches are getting paid big money but have zero job security.. If Hackett's offense slipped back this year because he would be replacing Nassib, Lemon, Sales, Pugh, by the end of next year people would declare that it was all Marrone and he should be fired, that is why coaches leave and keep moving on, strike while the iron is hot. Once you get labeled, it's tough to overcome

I can't wait until the next OC is named, he will be a bad hire, not enough experience, was fired once, etc etc etc. Wash, rinse, repeat. I think many that have been on this forum for well over 10 years grow tired of it.

Which is fine, but when some and many here are presenting their opinion as fact as if they were in the room with Marrone and Gross or how the search was conducted, or slinging names at the wall like Dan Mullen as if they were viable options then I think some will take issue. In addition, coaches take staff with them when they go to the next job. Plain and simple. Those coaches get a pay bump a chance to advance their career, it is the business. Most were calling for hackett's head 4 months ago.. Now he is a can't miss up and comer, the savior!!!!! Again, I don't give a rats ass what Marrone told Gross, obviously it changed and he went after Hackett, it happens all the time in business. Fans wanted loyalty after Marrone left and get all pissed off, it's two way street, there is no loyalty in that game, not when coaches are getting paid big money but have zero job security.. If Hackett's offense slipped back this year because he would be replacing Nassib, Lemon, Sales, Pugh, by the end of next year people would declare that it was all Marrone and he should be fired, that is why coaches leave and keep moving on, strike while the iron is hot. Once you get labeled, it's tough to overcome

I can't wait until the next OC is named, he will be a bad hire, not enough experience, was fired once, etc etc etc. Wash, rinse, repeat. I think many that have been on this forum for well over 10 years grow tired of it.

Yeah, to a certain extent a line should be about what is said. I also think about the hate at first and now the love for Hack happens all the time. Happened with Scoop is happening to MCW, I understand not the best analogy, but you catch my drift on the love one game an the hate the next?

And just to put this out there, am I angry DM is left? Am I angry he is taking staff with him? Yes. But I also understand you to do you first, and I also understand that HC take members of staff with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom