If I could guarantee you an undefeated end to the regular season | Syracusefan.com

If I could guarantee you an undefeated end to the regular season

swish7

All Conference
and a couple wins in the ACC tourney,

would you take the exact same situation as we had tonight, in the big dance, against a 16 seed, with the exception that anything could happen in the last 14 seconds? We'd be down one, they'd have the ball. Anything can happen. Would you take it?

swish7 said:
and a couple wins in the ACC tourney, would you take the exact same situation as we had tonight, in the big dance, against a 16 seed, with the exception that anything could happen in the last 14 seconds? We'd be down one, they'd have the ball. Anything can happen. Would you take it?

Sure. We would make a play to win

swish7 said:
and a couple wins in the ACC tourney, would you take the exact same situation as we had tonight, in the big dance, against a 16 seed, with the exception that anything could happen in the last 14 seconds? We'd be down one, they'd have the ball. Anything can happen. Would you take it?
We're going to lose a few before the dance. We may lose one in the ACC tourney. But what will ultimately matter is who we play and where we play in March. It won't matter if were unbeaten and seeded No. 1. I'll gladly take two or three more loses before the dance if we get the best path to Dallas and the NC.

Sure. We would make a play to win
If this crap happened against a Davidson in March, half this board would not live to see the last 14 seconds play out. I do admire your optimism though.

would you take the exact same situation as we had tonight, in the big dance, against a 16 seed, with the exception that anything could happen in the last 14 seconds? We'd be down one, they'd have the ball. Anything can happen. Would you take it?

If you are comparing NC State to a 16 seed, then I reject the scenario. And since being undefeated would give us the #1 overall seed, we would get the weakest #16 seed. so even more unlikely.

Now if your scenario is for the 8/9 game then yes, I would take the perfect regular season and be down 1 with the ball in the second round because I trust this team to make the right play to win.

Now down 1 without the ball...no.

is this a serious question?

:bang:

If you were to tell me this team being as they have been all year would play uninspired flat basketball in the tourney when it matters most I would call you a liar.

If you are comparing NC State to a 16 seed, then I reject the scenario. And since being undefeated would give us the #1 overall seed, we would get the weakest #16 seed. so even more unlikely.

Now if your scenario is for the 8/9 game then yes, I would take the perfect regular season and be down 1 with the ball in the second round because I trust this team to make the right play to win.

Now down 1 without the ball...no.

NC State is a 9 loss team with 6 more chances to lose. You're right, they should not be compared to a 16 seed. It's unfair to the 16 seed.

Obviously this is not a serious question. I do not have the power to guarantee anything. It's a play on other questions of the like recently posted on this board.

If you were to tell me this team being as they have been all year would play uninspired flat basketball in the tourney when it matters most I would call you a liar.
You sound like you've never seen that happen to highly-ranked SU teams.

And I don't get the flat, uninspired thing. They hustled tonight but didn't execute. This is who they are.

You sound like you've never seen that happen to highly-ranked SU teams.

And I don't get the flat, uninspired thing. They hustled tonight but didn't execute. This is who they are.

Ok thanks. I have seen it happen but i am talking about this team in particular. Sometimes its pointless to look at things from a positive side on this board.

NC State is a 9 loss team with 6 more chances to lose. You're right, they should not be compared to a 16 seed. It's unfair to the 16 seed.

Obviously this is not a serious question. I do not have the power to guarantee anything. It's a play on other questions of the like recently posted on this board.
NC State is currently a bubble team.

Having been a fan of a somewhat notable team in a different sport that went through an entire season undefeated only to lose in the final seconds of the final game when a backup receiver caught a 40 yard pass off his helmet - no.

But - it's not like we get to choose, or that if we go undefeated it makes losing in the first round more likely, so let's just win them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom