If I'm an elite high school QB | Syracusefan.com

If I'm an elite high school QB

Fjoinkay

Starter
I want to play in a pro-style offense during college, unless my talent and skill set are obviously geared towards the spread, because it sure looks like QBs from spread offenses struggle a lot more at the next level. And if I'm a very talented high school TE I might be thinking the same thing.

I have no idea what is going on with Thompson right now, but if he is still pondering his decision I think it is crucial for Provo to do well in the next few games, especially against USC, and really advertise our utilization of the position. His TD catch showed off pretty much everything that makes him a serious contender for 1st team Big East and a shot at the next level. Hopefully he got the dropsies out of his system early.

I want to play in a pro-style offense during college, unless my talent and skill set are obviously geared towards the spread, because it sure looks like QBs from spread offenses struggle a lot more at the next level. And if I'm a very talented high school TE I might be thinking the same thing.
we try to run the offense drew brees runs in the pros though it's much easier to run the offense drew brees ran in college which didn't hurt him later

i'm sure there's a way to say that where it would make sense, but i can't figure it out.

we try to run the offense drew brees runs in the pros though it's much easier to run the offense drew brees ran in college which didn't hurt him later

i'm sure there's a way to say that where it would make sense, but i can't figure it out.

also, the spread qbs who've struggled in the pros probably wouldn't have gotten a sniff running other offenses. i can't think of many examples of spread qbs that i think would've been better had they not run spread. graham harrell wasn't going to be an nfl star no matter what

Yes..playing in a pro style offense would appear to help, however..pro talent will be spotted no matter the system you play in. Just look at players like Joe Flacco, DeMarcus Ware, etc..if you can play, the NFL teams will find you.

I know I would be just dying to throw 5 yard passes into the flat all day, now that is exciting:)

Nassib played solid, the pass where he overthrew Chew in the first half as Painstaking that whould have went a long way, Nassib knew he missed one big time there

I love Provo, and I hope he has a monster season. I think it helps too that Wales and Stevens appear to be solid. My only concern with Provo is that sometimes when he is tackled especially out in the flat near the sideline he appears awkward in the way he engages the contact and prone to injury.

On the roll outs if the 5 yard pass to the TE is wide open Nassib needs to hit it immediately rather than wait a few beats and hit the TE when he is closer to the sideline and slowed down from running across the field waiting for the ball. If the TE is wide open and Nassib hits him immediately the play may go for a mere 7 to 10 yards or maybe a lot more, but what it does is after a while it allows Nassib to fake that throw freezing the opponent's back end and it opens up the long ball.

I know I would be just dying to throw 5 yard passes into the flat all day, now that is exciting:)

Nassib played solid, the pass where he overthrew Chew in the first half as Painstaking that whould have went a long way, Nassib knew he missed one big time there

Yeah he missed him but good grief the guy had a blitzer in his face ... considering the level of protection he had Nassib was splendid and looked better than he ever has ...

Nassib played great, and he is growing all the time. His quick reaction TD throw to Adam Harris was a great play. His increased familiarity with the offense showed on several throws during the 2nd half.

Adam Harris had a great game. A walk-on who is now a captain and plays like a solid D1 fullback-that's a great story.

Nassib played great, and he is growing all the time. His quick reaction TD throw to Adam Harris was a great play. His increased familiarity with the offense showed on several throws during the 2nd half.

Adam Harris had a great game. A walk-on who is now a captain and plays like a solid D1 fullback-that's a great story.

I am really happy with just how good Harris looked. I thought he looked a lot stronger than I remembered when I saw him on the Dome replay board. He showed confidence, and just an aura that he belonged, I'm not sure that was evident last year.