If it makes anyone feel better... | Syracusefan.com

If it makes anyone feel better...

armory

All American
There is not a single elite program in the country that is pleased with their bball team's season.

This is one of the weeeeeirdest years of college hoops I can remember. It's like there's 20 teams playing "King of the Mountain" on a mountain covered in Vaseline.

We are pleased, but its somewhat meaningless.

There is not a single elite program in the country that is pleased with their bball team's season.

This is one of the weeeeeirdest years of college hoops I can remember. It's like there's 20 teams playing "King of the Mountain" on a mountain covered in Vaseline.

Roger that. The next couple of weeks should provide some great games as teams jockey for position.

To that point, the only fan base (besides Gonzaga, who is playing nobody right now) is who is likely happy is Georgetown. And Gtown lost 73-45 at Pitt this year, lost to South Florida, and also played in the worst college basketball game of the last 25 years against Tennessee this season.

This is a year unlike any we've seen before. The top 20 teams are completely interchangeable. Matchups always matter in the tournament to some degree, but this year matchups are the only thing that will matter.

Totally agree with the OP. I couldn't resist a glimpse at Michigan's board last night... it's amazing how one loss (granted, it was a bad loss) can cause a fan base to question their entire existence. lol

Sometimes other teams look better or "sexier" than ours because we don't watch them everyday and analyze their struggles. Florida has gone 4-3 in their last 7 SEC games... Arizona has 5 losses in the Pac12. Woof!

Everything is up for grabs.

anyone think Michigan threw that game? After Kansas lost to TCU there was speculation here that KU was point shaving and let the game get out of hand.

This whole season can give a fan a vortex in the cortex! It can make us insanium in the cranium! It . . . it . . . eh, that's all I got.

We are pleased, but its somewhat meaningless.

lowered-expectations.jpg

Watch, we'll win the tourney and every talking head in the country will brand this year's champ as meaningless because all the teams were mediocre.

That's the way it happens in SU land.

Watch, we'll win the tourney and every talking head in the country will brand this year's champ as meaningless because all the teams were mediocre.

I'll take it!!

Sent using my Commodore 64

If UCONN can brag about the Butler game, we would be able to feel great about winning it this year

If UCONN can brag about the Butler game, we would be able to feel great about winning it this year
Well, I only count UCONN's title that year for half given that Stevens can't win the big one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom