If it turns out to be true, I like the hire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If it turns out to be true, I like the hire

You mean again?

i guess I'm really going to differentiate myself by my avatar. Certainly looks like it needs a change anyway, don'cha think?

Speaking of name changes. I'm glad I'm not "morronesplan" right now lol
No big deal, I'm sure he can have his membership transferred to some Bills message board.

I would disagree. Shafer seems unlike flood or spaziano at bc. He runs an exciting defense. Actually, it's a defense that is similar to our offense In that it dictates game tempo. Flood is boring and was the o line coach after he was stripped of oc responsibilities. Shafer drops nuggets like "stats are for losers" which is a great clip and is completely true. The only stat he cares about is the scoreboard. Not sure what happened at Stanford but harbaugh hired him initially to be his d coordinator and assistant head coach.
What you say may be true. But what I meant was Shafer and Flood were both safe, inside promotions, done under similar circumstances (as opposed to trying to make a big splash bringing in a fresh face from outside the program).

I thought you were kidding when I first read this... Had to go back and check. Thanks.

Cusefan78 vs Cuseman 78. Happens all the time. It was even weirder when they had the same picture.

So you want to totally dismantle what we've built on offense? Sounds like a plan. Good offensive coaches are more important (and unique) than defensive ones. A Shafer only hire is unbelievably risky, at a time when we are taking a step up in class. Would be very disappointing.

So what hire would be totally without risk? Skippy Holtz was supposed to be one of those "no risk" guys last time around. Marrone was supposed to be a bust in the making.

How 'bout we give Scotty a chance?

I've been impressed with Shafer since he showed up. He has a lot of qualities that I love in a head coach... Hell, he's more like coach Mac than Marrone.

At a coaching clinic I attended, the two SU coaches that made an impression... Shaf and Wheat. Impressive guys and players coaches.

For the record, I like the hire. I really don't know any better, but I like it. The job is done, and we can move on.

How many times did we say we need to lock Shafer up so someone doesn't take him, if he was that good than why would he not be good enough for us. This is A verry good staff especially where we stand as a program, we are not changing because we stink we are changing because we are in a good position no need to bring a fresh face, only time will tell but this seems to be a good hire

I've been impressed with Shafer since he showed up. He has a lot of qualities that I love in a head coach... Hell, he's more like coach Mac than Marrone.

At a coaching clinic I attended, the two SU coaches that made an impression... Shaf and Wheat. Impressive guys and players coaches.

But did you have to separate the Wheat from the Shaf?

LOLOLLLOLOL...L...OL... ahem. I'll just go back to the basketball board now. Wearing the cone of shame.

Crazy idea. Stop your whining and change yours. Nice meltdown last night over Hackett.

So our worlds finally collide. So how do we decide this? Arm wrestling? Better avatar? Oh well, I guess I'll let you keep it. Just try to up that post/like ratio. You're embarrassing the Cuse78 name.

Meltdown over Hackett? I think you may be lacking in reading comprehension

Come on you were worried about losing hack. This whole name thing isn't a big deal. I'm too lazy to change my avatar. The arm wrestling thing does sound intriguing if I can use both arms against your one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom