if jb gets another title before he retires | Syracusefan.com

if jb gets another title before he retires

moqui

generational talent
he'll set two records
1 - longest gap between first and second title
branch mccracken won his first title at indiana in 1940, his second thirteen years later in 1953.

2 - oldest coach to win a national title. currently jim calhoun, who was 36 days short of his 69th birthday when he won his last title in 2011.

Adding to the question... if JB wins a national championship in the next two seasons, I wonder if he'd want to go out on top and retire early?

Adding to the question... if JB wins a national championship in the next two seasons, I wonder if he'd want to go out on top and retire early?
not a chance as long as Buddy is on the team.

It's an interesting question.

I don't think newmexicuse is wrong, but I think that it would be awfully tempting for JB to go out on top like that, after his career / all he's accomplished. Not too many coaches get to end their careers on that note.

he'll set two records
1 - longest gap between first and second title
branch mccracken won his first title at indiana in 1940, his second thirteen years later in 1953.

2 - oldest coach to win a national title. currently jim calhoun, who was 36 days short of his 69th birthday when he won his last title in 2011.
Second and third! Now that’s a story.

Um, I'm fairly sure that never happened. [Checks memory.] Yep, that never happened.