If MCW is really that close with NN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If MCW is really that close with NN

trying to figure out what match that is... Is that Diesel standing up in the background and Stone Cold pinning the Rock?

That's wh at it looks like; must've been in 2002, right?

It's definitely Kevin Nash in the background. It would probably be 2002, possibly early 2003...but 2002 would be my guess. As I said in another thread the ref is Jack Doan.

It's definitely Kevin Nash in the background. It would probably be 2002, possibly early 2003...but 2002 would be my guess. As I said in another thread the ref is Jack Doan.
I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified by the fact you were so easily able to name check the ref.

I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified by the fact you were so easily able to name check the ref.
Horrified works. I am an avid WWE fan and have been into pro wrestling most of my life. I don't go to live events very often (last time was MSG in 1999 or 2000)...but I do keep up with what's going on very closely and still watch Raw and Smackdown and occasionally the ppv's. My wrestling knowledge is very extensive.

People tweet at each other all the time, especially athletes. Non-athletes do too. For example, Alec Baldwin and his daughter tweet at each other a ton.

You're reading too much into nothing, and not enough into the fact that both have said they are extremely close.

+1

I was trying to think of the ref's name.

I'm just trying to think of a Rock-Austin tag match. I think they did a Rock-Austin vs NWO match on Raw in 2002 before Wrestlemania, but that would've had Rock and Austin on the same side. They were feuding into Wrestlemania 19, so maybe before then, but I feel like they wouldn't have been in a tag team match much before they wrestled one on one.

I did some research; Rock left in 2002 in July, and didn't come back until the next February. He left as a face, came back as a heel, so I guess it mus've been when he came back? Only problem is Nash was constantly injured; he got hurt in March of 2002, came back for one match in JUly, and was out until next April, at which point Austin was done wrestling.

So it would have to be in February of 2002?

1) it would be one very close friend
2) it would be following to a basketball team, not a university

No difference. Each person has different needs or expectations, not all basketball teams / universities offer the same,

No difference. Each person has different needs or expectations, not all basketball teams / universities offer the same,
I'm saying MCW recruiting NN to SU to play basketball is absolutely nothing like you trying to coordinate with all your high school friends to go to the same college

I figured out what match the video with the ref sliding into the ring is from...It's Austin-Scott Hall from Wrestlemania 18. It is Hall he's pinning, not the Rock. If you look at the youtube of the match it is at about 10:35.

Great call. I was convinced it was Rock before, but now that I keep looking at it, of course it looks like Scott Hall.

I figured out what match the video with the ref sliding into the ring is from...It's Austin-Scott Hall from Wrestlemania 18. It is Hall he's pinning, not the Rock. If you look at the youtube of the match it is at about 10:35.
Now I'm genuinely afraid of you. :)

Same thing wrong with the whole board, people hijack threads and post nonsense. Then they argue about it until they are hammered drunk. Unless you are unemployed you cant find the 10% of good posts anymore.

This leads to a thousand threads on the same topic and so goes the snowball effect. Too many people seeking attention with nonsensical posts. If anyone was serious about fixing the board they'd read my my posts isntead of deleting them every other day.

I had no personal attacks and my posts get deleted? Isn't this still a discussion board?

Same thing wrong with the whole board, people hijack threads and post nonsense. Then they argue about it until they are hammered drunk. Unless you are unemployed you cant find the 10% of good posts anymore.

This leads to a thousand threads on the same topic and so goes the snowball effect. Too many people seeking attention with nonsensical posts. If anyone was serious about fixing the board they'd read my my posts isntead of deleting them every other day.

I had no personal attacks and my posts get deleted? Isn't this still a discussion board?
Lighten up. Wow.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, Nerlens Noel's coach clarfied today that they are very close friends and MCW's family and parents are very close with our future lottery pick.

Mike is doing work online and off. He has enjoyed the twitter experience and popularity. Mike is a smart, savvy young communictions student.

Lighten up. Wow.
I'm light and relaxed, but lots of people aren't reading and posting because with the all the thread hijacking; its impossible to get anything out of this site for the casual folks who have a small window a day to devote to the site. If they can't find the right thread fast enough they don't post. I'm guessing these guys make up 70% of the traffc and 90% of the quality posts on the community. I'll sign off and get flamed now.

Syracuse Fan, I agree with some of what you say, but I've been wondering about that video in his sig too. So part of my complaint is, if I hadn't read nearly every NN thread, I would have never known. I thought that ref slide looked like it was somehow faked with video editing...I'd never seen a ref slide like that. So I watched a bit of the video on youtube, and I guess it was real, at least real in a pro wrestling sense. But then a new mystery came upon me when I saw a sign that said, "Costco 547 is fake" in the crowd shortly after.

Iommi, I call upon your knowledge. I know it may be more of a Canadian thing than a wrestling matter, so if any Canadians are here, I am asking for some cultural assistance. As always, i thank you all for your support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom