If ND were to choose the ACC | Syracusefan.com

If ND were to choose the ACC

GoSU96

Living Legend
why wouldn't the Big 10 just stay where it is? There's not a team left in the pool that wouldn't be thought of as suboptimal, and they would add four of them just to get to 16?

ND, Uconn to the ACC and you would have two 16 team conferences on the coasts, the SEC at 14, and the Big 10 at 12.

KU, Kst, Missouri, Baylor, ISt, Lville, Cinci, TCU, Rutgers, USF merge.

why wouldn't the Big 10 just stay where it is? There's not a team left in the pool that wouldn't be thought of as suboptimal, and they would add four of them just to get to 16?

ND, Uconn to the ACC and you would have two 16 team conferences on the coasts, the SEC at 14, and the Big 10 at 12.

KU, Kst, Missouri, Baylor, ISt, Lville, Cinci, TCU, Rutgers, USF merge.

Take Boise too. And find a 12th. How sure does this WVU to the SEC seem to be? Too bad their academics seem to be so horrific.

Agree that the assumption that the B10 and SEC *must* go to 16 is false. Makes sense for the Pac-12 if they can land Texas and Oklahoma, that's a no-brainer. Makes sense for the ACC, who had to expand to stabilize it's membership, protect it's northern presence and renegotiate its media deals. And the SEC does need to get to 14 for scheduling sanity. But if ND is going to cling to it's independence, and Texas is off the table, there really is no compelling reason for the b10 to expand now. Same for the SEC beyond 14. Both leagues are flush with cash and don't need to split it up further

WVU fits in the SEC in a lot of ways.

But the most important way is do they add enough revenue to increase the $ per school after splitting another way?

SEC and BIG will go 16 eventually but they can wait a while.

But the most important way is do they add enough revenue to increase the $ per school after splitting another way?

No way. But the SEC may have no choice. I'm still not sure why they were so hot to add aTm. Great for adding a Texas presence for recruiting, but not much media value. Now they need a 14th or their scheduling is going to be an ongoing mess. If the ACC is on lockdown as it appears, then the pickings are slim, and no one brings enough value to offset the extra mouth.

No way they stay at 13, WVU fits the bill better than almost anybody. Eastern side of the conference, rabid and large fanbase, southern state university. And not much hassle involved in getting them in the conference.

I hope WVU gets somewhere, because they are the one school that I would feel really, really bad about if they get screwed.

No way. But the SEC may have no choice. I'm still not sure why they were so hot to add aTm. Great for adding a Texas presence for recruiting, but not much media value. Now they need a 14th or their scheduling is going to be an ongoing mess. If the ACC is on lockdown as it appears, then the pickings are slim, and no one brings enough value to offset the extra mouth.

But could Mizzou bring more $ to the table? Not like the SEC really needs to worry who the better fit is, their football is already king and I don't know what could change that. So figure out who makes them the most $ and take them.

I just hope your theory on them needing 14 and not being as worried about the new state mandate, would mean they would poach my new league, with the exiting team either not worrying about the $20M or finding some legal way out of it.

No way they stay at 13, WVU fits the bill better than almost anybody. Eastern side of the conference, rabid and large fanbase, southern state university. And not much hassle involved in getting them in the conference.

I read somewhere that Auburn already agreed to move to the east if another school is added whose a better fit for the west.

This whole discussion is why it was so huge to be in this round. There are no guarantees that 4 x 16 has to happen.

But could Mizzou bring more $ to the table? Not like the SEC really needs to worry who the better fit is, their football is already king and I don't know what could change that. So figure out who makes them the most $ and take them.

I just hope your theory on them needing 14 and not being as worried about the new state mandate, would mean they would poach my new league, with the exiting team either not worrying about the $20M or finding some legal way out of it.

Mizzou loves to pitch the idea that they deliver the St.Louis market, but let's be real, St. Louis is not anything close to resembling a major market. Hell, Hartford-New Haven is near it's size.

Something tells me they see WVU as decent and easy (like many a Mountaineer gal) and call it a day at 14.

Clearly WVU to SEC makes sence and why would they stop at 14? Everyone will go to 16...

Big East is done, B12 is done esp if Oklahoma goes.

SEC, B1G, PAC-X and ACC will pick up the teams they want from what is left and all form 16 team confernces. Maybe the teams that are left can all pack together to form another 16 team conference. But 4 * 16 would be ideal for a playoff system which would make huge $$$...

Mizzou loves to pitch the idea that they deliver the St.Louis market, but let's be real, St. Louis is not anything close to resembling a major market. Hell, Hartford-New Haven is near it's size.

Something tells me they see WVU as decent and easy (like many a Mountaineer gal) and call it a day at 14.
Yep

This whole discussion is why it was so huge to be in this round. There are no guarantees that 4 x 16 has to happen.

Yep. Totally just talking out of my backside, but my hunch is that we see a Pac-16, a 16 team ACC, a 14 team SEC, the B10 hold at 12, and a 5th AQR made up of the burning carcasses of the B12, Big East and maybe the MWC.

Didn't really know that about St. Louis, but it makes sense why the Big 10 never added them, as easy as it would have been to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom