If only one more win... | Syracusefan.com

If only one more win...

Nicknack

All Conference
If we were only assured of one more win and I could choose which one that would be, no question, it would be at DOOK. There are a handful of teams still yet to play that I would absolutely love to beat (especially Pitino tomorrow night), but nothing comes close from my perspective. As many know, ALL of my wife's family went to Dook which makes it even more personal.

Although the main reason for choosing Duke is that if we lose to anyone else, it's really not that huge of a deal in the big picture of things. However, with Duke, if there is going to ever be a true rivalry (of course, not on the level of UNC) we have to keep par. They came into our house of 35K+ and beat us; now it's our turn to come into their house of "crazies" and leave them packing home depressed and shaking their heads. If we were to do this, it would be monumental considering our team this year. Here are the other reasons...

- Silent G: slap 'em around one more time but this time in victory (let Coach K say again that you turned into the player that they always thought you would be)

- Cooney: obvious reasons... have a good shooting night and show these bastads what you can do with INTELLIGENT shot selection.

- Kaleb: an opportunity to show you have much more confidence and talent (in your biggest and toughest game of your collegiate career). Nothing spectacular is needed but just in control (no more than one turnover please) and 4-5 mid-range jumpers would be nice.

- Roberson: not expecting the same (although I would certainly take it) but show again how you can be a prime time player. How about a double touchdown? 14 points and 14 rebounds. Show that what you did was no fluke.

- Christmas: REDEMPTION! Show the scouts what you have been doing all year long and can do against anyone, including Okafart. I expect 18 points this time around along with 9 rebounds. Keep from the early fouls so you can stay in the game and play aggressive. Do that, I like your chances of having a big game. Okafart didn't stop you last time... unfortunately it was you missing shots you normally don't (and the loose calls - although they went both ways).

My second choice would be Christmas' last game in the dome. However, I bet if you asked him which he would rather have... a win at Dook or a win at home against VA, he would go with the former. It would help his draft status, offer him some redemption, and be one hell of a road win that few teams experience.

For me it would be Virginia, with Duke a close second for the reasons you mention.

Rak deserves to go out a winner at home.

Fwiw, I think we pick off both Pitt and UVA at home... For our last two wins of the year.
I would love to knock off UVA, but I think we beat Pitt and Ville at home.

Winning in Cameron would be pretty sweet. Plus they'd make the Cuse/Duke rilvarly 2-2 since we came in the ACC; both of us being 1-1 at home.

@ Cameron. An accomplishment for any team to go in there and get a W and Duke is playing as well as anyone right now.

Let's win 'em all!

(Senior Day, if forced to pick.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom