If only we... | Syracusefan.com

If only we...

Flacusian

All Conference
had not botched the end of the game with Nova. It certainly doesn't really matter but I would venture to bet that we currently would be ranked had we won that game. If "ifs" and "buts" were beers and nuts we'd be having one hell of a party. But alas, we did not win the Nova game even though it was like a frosty PBR in our hand ripe for popping open and quaffing down in salute to victory!

I bring this up because the margin for victory is so often razor thin. We think in terms which are often so absolute when evaluating the strength and outlook for our team when in reality so many of the games come down to whether the team can make what is sometimes a single play, rebound, or foul shot. One thing which I have come to believe can be said about our current team is they have a strong will to win and are selfless in their efforts to enable the team to win. In fact several players are selfless to a fault in deferring their opportunities to shoot. I am totally fine with Tyler putting up more shots. He starts make a few of those mid range jumpers and it begins to change the entire complexion of our offense and the manner in which it needs to be defended.

I'm enjoying each game in spite of needing a defibrillator pretty much during each second half. Watching Rak is a particularly rewarding thing as it's wonderful to see a 4 year guy having blossomed into one of the best players in the Nation. This team provides plenty to be excited about if you are willing to place your emphasis on it's good points rather than it's deficiencies.

I'm looking forward to winning tomorrow night!!!~ LGO!!!

Rankings don't really matter at all. What matters is that the team continues to improve and get better, which is exactly what it has done since (and actually INCLUDING) the Nova game. Given how the team started the season, I'm pretty impressed with the current trajectory. My major concern though is how the team fares in the very challenging back half of the ACC schedule after all the starters have played 34-38 mpg game after game.

I'll chime in with the unpopular opinion that this team has no business being ranked, even if we somehow won that game. We lost that game and all the other ones for a reason. We aren't that great.
Yes, we are getting better and I see some pretty good potential that may or may not materialize this year.

The bottom line is that we have not beaten anybody good and our 4-0 start is against bottom of the league teams that we have barely been scraping by. I'll be convinced once we beat teams with a pulse. Until then I remain unconvinced.

As I type this a good comparison occured to me: This year and last year's NY Giants. We beat all the bad teams but could not compete against any of the better teams. I see a similar team with our beloved Orange this year.

I'll chime in with the unpopular opinion that this team has no business being ranked, even if we somehow won that game. We lost that game and all the other ones for a reason. We aren't that great.
Yes, we are getting better and I see some pretty good potential that may or may not materialize this year.

The bottom line is that we have not beaten anybody good and our 4-0 start is against bottom of the league teams that we have barely been scraping by. I'll be convinced once we beat teams with a pulse. Until then I remain unconvinced.

As I type this a good comparison occured to me: This year and last year's NY Giants. We beat all the bad teams but could not compete against any of the better teams. I see a similar team with our beloved Orange this year.

No, we lost that game because we got jobbed the entire game by piss poor officiating. And despite playing 5 versus 8, on the road, we still almost pulled it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom