if ped st. gets the death penalty for next year | Syracusefan.com

if ped st. gets the death penalty for next year

retro44

Living Legend
i could see our game next year or whenever at the meadowlands gets replaced with another big 10 team who would have a hole in their schedule.

i would think they would target michigan first,then maybe ohio st.

we seem to have a good relation with the big ten conference for this to work

Nebraska would be kind of a symbolically awesome replacement, since I think we will shock a lot of people next year (and this year).

i could see our game next year or whenever at the meadowlands gets replaced with another big 10 team who would have a hole in their schedule.

i would think they would target michigan first,then maybe ohio st.

we seem to have a good relation with the big ten conference for this to work

How about West Virginia instead?

The death penalty is usually reserved for offenders who repeat infractions after having being sanctioned. In other words, who have not learned their lesson. In a way, it is perhaps better that PSU does not get the death penalty so that it hangs over their head for years to come. If the sanctions area s harsh as predicted, especially financially, this would be a good solution. Our fears that the NCAA would pass were unfounded.

Most teams have their schedule set. However it would be funny if Michigan bought out their road game with UConn and instead played us in the Meadowlands. Boy would that piss off their fans.

I doubt that Penn State will suffer any"death-penalty action for a number of reasons.Of course any one clearly understanding the driving force of the NCAA be reminded that $$$ will dominate all considerations. The law suits are going be filed shortly in this debacle. All the NCAA needs is a class action filed by the current student athletes for being punished on something totally out of their control.You would also seefilings by fans with season tickets and the lit goes on.

The NCAA is taking unprecedented measures with the decision to penalize Penn State without the due process of a Committee on Infractions hearing.
-----------------------

There ya go.

I doubt that Penn State will suffer any"death-penalty action for a number of reasons.Of course any one clearly understanding the driving force of the NCAA be reminded that $$$ will dominate all considerations. The law suits are going be filed shortly in this debacle. All the NCAA needs is a class action filed by the current student athletes for being punished on something totally out of their control.You would also seefilings by fans with season tickets and the lit goes on.
They have no standing to sue the NCAA.

How about West Virginia instead?

That would be a good option.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

the meadowlands will go after the tuna,not the bottom feeders.

WVU has very little to offer NYC/advertisers and besides these SU/WVU games have always been played at home and is the kind of game that needs to be played at home...for both teams

I would be in no rush to play WV again. But I wouldn't write them off either

Boy, I don't know about that.
If all the eastern schools play this right we could cut them off from their traditional recruiting areas. Let them try to sell a kid well you have "X" home games then "X" away which the closest is 900 miles away in Oklahoma. At least we have Miami, Atlanta and Charlotte (Championship games) to pitch.