If SU does win 6 or more, are there enough slots if 7 BE teams win 6? | Syracusefan.com

If SU does win 6 or more, are there enough slots if 7 BE teams win 6?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
What happens if the big east has 7 or even 8 teams with 6 wins? Does SU still go bowling?

That's up to the Bowl Selection Committee.

My question is, will the fact that Toledo win was questionable, hurt our chances?

That's up to the Bowl Selection Committee.

My question is, will the fact that Toledo win was questionable, hurt our chances?

Isn't it actually up to the individual bowls themselves? The bowls are the ones that invite the teams based on certain regulations if I'm not mistaken. So, just as an example, if Pinstripe wants to pick us over Rutgers (which they should if they took note of the attendance this weekend), then it's their right to do so as long as Rutgers is within a certain number of games of us...or something like that.

That's why I'm bringing this up, even if SU does win #6 it still may not mean they go bowling. The big east has a lot of average teams and it is possible that all 8 could win 6 games or more.

Any BE team with 6 wins will go bowling. There are so many bowls these days that 7 win MAC teams get bowl bids because there are so many unfilled slots.

The best solution is for the 'Cuse to win seven.
Well, chances got a lot better when Collaros went down for the year. Munchie Legeaux is a similar QB but does not have the experience or control of the offense Collaros had. If I'm Shafer I put 8 in the box to stop Pead and make Munchie beat me. He'll make a lot of mistakes throwing the ball.

If SU wins 6 games this year, it will go bowling. No doubt in my mind. BTW, si.com projects SU to play in the BVAA Compass Bowl on 1/7/12 vs. Florida International.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom