If Texas didn't want in the Pac-16 | Syracusefan.com

If Texas didn't want in the Pac-16

Alsacs

Living Legend
and Oklahoma was determined to join the Pac-12 would the Big East have the guts to basically offer a deal with the Devil Texas. Think about it the Big East could allow Texas to keep their LHN and if Oklahoma and Okie State became part of a Pac-14. The Big 12 would be down to 7 teams and the Big East would have 9 teams. Put in TCU in with the 7 teams and you would have two 8 team divisions. A man can dream can't he?

Texas wouldn't want in, so don't even bother thinking about it.

6117309885_d2784d4077.jpg

and Oklahoma was determined to join the Pac-12 would the Big East have the guts to basically offer a deal with the Devil Texas. Think about it the Big East could allow Texas to keep their LHN and if Oklahoma and Okie State became part of a Pac-14. The Big 12 would be down to 7 teams and the Big East would have 9 teams. Put in TCU in with the 7 teams and you would have two 8 team divisions. A man can dream can't he?

Regardless of what Texas does, the BE should be pressing KU, KSU, and Mizzou hard to join up. The 12/20 hybrid can actually be a pretty nice setup.

For bball

EAST Group
Div 1
SU
UConn
Gtown
SJU
SH

Div 2
Nova
WV
Pitt
PC
RU

WEST Group
Div 3
Cincy
Marq
ND
Lville
DePaul

Div 4
KU
KSU
USF
TCU
Mizzou

Play everyone in your division twice.
Play everyone in the other div in your group once.
Play one div in the other group, alternating div and home and homes each year.
Total 18 games.

You'll develop rivalries with your historical or geographic neighbors, while still seeing the other group every other year.

Football
East
SU
UConn
Pitt
WV
RU
USF (they switch for football)

West
KU
KSU
Mizzou
TCU

The usual scheduling setup applies.

Overall not a bad deal. Good football schools in Pitt, WV, Mizzou, SU, KSU. Basketball is clearly unmatched. With the TV dollars flying around, the money will be more than adequate.

It's unique, but the BE has always been unique. The geography actually makes a little sense with the 3 midwestern schools added. It keeps the traditional rivalries in place, and secures the future of the football schools.

Given the situation, I don't think it's all that bad of an option.

Not ideal but I like this better than the 16 team thing we have going now

Regardless of what Texas does, the BE should be pressing KU, KSU, and Mizzou hard to join up. The 12/20 hybrid can actually be a pretty nice setup.

For bball

EAST Group
Div 1
SU
UConn
Gtown
SJU
SH

Div 2
Nova
WV
Pitt
PC
RU

WEST Group
Div 3
Cincy
Marq
ND
Lville
DePaul

Div 4
KU
KSU
USF
TCU
Mizzou

Play everyone in your division twice.
Play everyone in the other div in your group once.
Play one div in the other group, alternating div and home and homes each year.
Total 18 games.

You'll develop rivalries with your historical or geographic neighbors, while still seeing the other group every other year.

Football
East
SU
UConn
Pitt
WV
RU
USF (they switch for football)

West
KU
KSU
Mizzou
TCU

The usual scheduling setup applies.

Overall not a bad deal. Good football schools in Pitt, WV, Mizzou, SU, KSU. Basketball is clearly unmatched. With the TV dollars flying around, the money will be more than adequate.

It's unique, but the BE has always been unique. The geography actually makes a little sense with the 3 midwestern schools added. It keeps the traditional rivalries in place, and secures the future of the football schools.

Given the situation, I don't think it's all that bad of an option.

Not ideal but I like this better than the 16 team thing we have going now

Agreed. At least that would give the BE a legitimate 12 team football conference, and without having to use ECU, UCF, or Memphis as fillers.

I wouldn't want Texas no matter what. I think they make Notre Dame seem humble.

Don't let my screen name fool you..it's the name of my (late) St Bernard...named after the legendary basketball player Bevo Francis. No Texas connection.

I only have one request. If the Big East invites Texas, I would like a transcript of all phone calls, emails, etc. And a transcript of what's going through the mind of those who don't return said calls.

I did hear that Texas is trying to make sure they have secured a home for their sports other than football, like ND, so maybe they'll at least listen to that part. But then I must hear the part where we ask about football.

Other than needing to swap Providence and Seton Hall, those quads are damn near perfect.

Still would prefer to be in a mega-ACC, but if that's a lineup that could ensure the BE survives long-ish term, I'd take it.

Other than needing to swap Providence and Seton Hall, those quads are damn near perfect.

Still would prefer to be in a mega-ACC, but if that's a lineup that could ensure the BE survives long-ish term, I'd take it.
Agree. Keep the NJ and NE teams together. Nice job, Orangemen.

sounds like texas wants to keep The Longhorn Network at all costs. If the Big East allowed the network to stay as is and gave in to other demands, it could be a possibility. Not very likely because I don't think Big East powers-that-be are willing to give up that power

Latest rumor claims Texas talking with ACC precisely because they would let them keep the LHN. They would apparently also add SU, UConn, Rutgers to get to 16
http://texas./content.asp?CID=1261031

I only have one request. If the Big East invites Texas, I would like a transcript of all phone calls, emails, etc. And a transcript of what's going through the mind of those who don't return said calls.

I did hear that Texas is trying to make sure they have secured a home for their sports other than football, like ND, so maybe they'll at least listen to that part. But then I must hear the part where we ask about football.

i think i can give you insight to the phone call that the b12 commissioner is going to make to everyone not named texas, aTm and okie...

'ok, well this sucks, guess we are going to have to make some changes. in order to keep this conference together, we are going to all have to give up some more $$ to the 3 who arent on this call. can i count on each of you to give back 10million a year so we can remain a family?? t boone, are you on here? can you donate 1omillion to each of UT, aTm and OU so they will be happy?? hows that sound?!! great, can i tell them you are all in and the big12 lives to fight another day!!!!'

silence.......

the war is over johnny, you can go home now...

Latest rumor claims Texas talking with ACC precisely because they would let them keep the LHN. They would apparently also add SU, UConn, Rutgers to get to 16
http://texas./content.asp?CID=1261031

Please. Yes and done. And SU can play Texas in the Dome and keep Bees happy. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom