If the Big East dissolves | Syracusefan.com

If the Big East dissolves

moqui

generational talent
could Syracuse sue for the return of its exit fee? Or, if the fee has not been paid yet (and why would you pay it until the day you walk out the door), would such payment be considered null and void?

I have asked this before, but nobody at the time seemed to know the answer.

could Syracuse sue for the return of its exit fee? Or, if the fee has not been paid yet (and why would you pay it until the day you walk out the door), would such payment be considered null and void?

Plus, what would happen with the many NCAA "units" we have accumulated over the past 5 years?

Lots of moving parts.

I would assume no. There would be no exit fee for PC, GTown, Nova, etc, but the Big East was still in existence when we left so the exit fee still applied.

look, if no one has answered, stop asking the question. :bat:

I believe we had to pay half of the exit fee when we said we were leaving

I believe we had to pay half of the exit fee when we said we were leaving
then they should under no circumstances pay the second half until the dissolution of the league question is solved

then they should under no circumstances pay the second half until the dissolution of the league question is solved

I agree, but I dont think we will have a choice. If there is a Big East Conference in July, we have to pay them. I dont think it matters how long they may or may not be a conference

I agree, but I dont think we will have a choice. If there is a Big East Conference in July, we have to pay them. I dont think it matters how long they may or may not be a conference
take it to the courts and delay, delay, delay the final payment. if the conference finally dissolves, then there is nobody left to receive the payment.

Remind me again why any of this matters in the grand scheme of things?

Either they'll pay or they won't, but either way life will go on for Syracuse sports in EXACTLY the same manner.

Remind me again why any of this matters in the grand scheme of things?

Either they'll pay or they won't, but either way life will go on for Syracuse sports in EXACTLY the same manner.
Well, we have been agonizing here for several years about our lack of athletic facilities, and how it negatively impacts our programs. Finding a couple million extra bucks couldn't hurt.

I'd like to think we are above most of the slimeball universities in this country. We made a deal, pay the ing money. No lawsuits needed.