If the D plays as well as it against LSU we will 4 ACC games | Syracusefan.com

If the D plays as well as it against LSU we will 4 ACC games

We have a hard ACC schedule but I think we can score 30 points on these teams.
The D was really solid. If it holds up we will win some games.

Agreed!

Our line and linebackers are playing great. We now apparently have a pass rush. Even our secondary looks competent more often than not. Huge shout out to Foster.

We are becoming "competitive"

Coleman was lights out until he got hurt.. Just so thin and our margin is so small for mistakes.

You could go thru the games and see we played well game one.. Solid all but a couple drives game 2. Same for game 3, and this game was a long pass, a 1/2 yd drive and just a bad play or 2 in the 2nd half. Really only 3-4 drives allowed all year, a couple short fields and 2-3 big plays. LSU made more mistakes but their closing speed is just so good it covered it up.

I worry about our running game, or lack thereof, and our overall lack of playmakers on offense. We play some really good defenses that may not have a lot of problems smothering us. Dungey, Ish and Erv can only do so much. With that being said, I have not given up by any means, but I think that MSTU loss could be the dagger for a bowl. 5-7 seems the most likely on the positive side, but 6-6 would be awesome if we can pull off one pretty decent sized upset. Through 4 games, you have to be pleased at the improvement of our D. it was an absolute trainwreck last year, and so far this year is quite respectable, big leap.

Lsu is a name school, but they are a messy offensively right now. Their qbs were unimpressive or young, and we still allowed 35 points. Most competent teams would have curb stomped them, like Miss St. did the previous week. D did "look" better, and we seem to finally concede to blitzing, but final results have to improve. And no lapses!

Lsu is a name school, but they are a messy offensively right now. Their qbs were unimpressive or young, and we still allowed 35 points. Most competent teams would have curb stomped them, like Miss St. did the previous week. D did "look" better, and we seem to finally concede to blitzing, but final results have to improve. And no lapses!

baby steps. last year's D would have given up 55 to them.

I think we have a real shot vs miami and fsu. Get a pass rush going and pray foster/dowels/bradshaw/whoever can get a good jump on a ball.

Wouldnt mind seeing martin blitz off the edge either. Hes a big fast dude.

I don't think most competent teams would curb stomp them. They have the players. The coaching is failing them at the moment.

Time will tell. But I think they'll be a bowl team for sure. Maybe .500 in conference.

I think we have a real shot vs miami and fsu. Get a pass rush going and pray foster/dowels/bradshaw/whoever can get a good jump on a ball.

Wouldnt mind seeing martin blitz off the edge either. Hes a big fast dude.

I think we have a real chance vs everyone except Clemson. (And they did not look great against BC).

I think we have a real chance vs everyone except Clemson. (And they did not look great against BC).

We really need to get to 4-2. And I think we can. NC ST is coming of a HUGE win at FSU, hopefully there's a hangover there coupled with our confidence building loss at LSU. And Pitt has not been Pitt so far this year. We need these next 2.

I agree but theres only so much you can do against Lamar Jackson when hes on. Thatll have to be a shootout if we want to have a prayer.

I think we win the next two games. Going to be a challenge but man as stressful as it was losing to LSU... I have never been more excited for game day on Saturday.

I expect to beat the hell out of pitt. Thats the game i expect bennett and franklin to nut up or shut up, their defense got thrashed last year.

I agree but theres only so much you can do against Lamar Jackson when hes on. Thatll have to be a shootout if we want to have a prayer.

Agreed. I'm kind of banking on him fading late like last year. Maybe he gets hit and worn down? Maybe he watched himself jump over Dowels enough at the Heisman ceremony that he think it will be a cake walk :)

I expect to beat the hell out of pitt. Thats the game i expect bennett and franklin to nut up or shut up, their defense got thrashed last year.

The more I see of Pitt, the more I think we have to beat them by 2 TDs or more. They are a hot mess. We should be taking out years of frustration in that game.

The more I see of Pitt, the more I think we have to beat them by 2 TDs or more. They are a hot mess. We should be taking out years of frustration in that game.
Its a lifetime of frustration for me.

We really need to get to 4-2. And I think we can. NC ST is coming of a HUGE win at FSU, hopefully there's a hangover there coupled with our confidence building loss at LSU. And Pitt has not been Pitt so far this year. We need these next 2.
Not to mention that NCSU plays UL on Thursday, the week after our game. Here's hoping they are looking ahead, taking us lightly. How could they not be, really...

They still can get beat for big plays but they definitely seem to be limiting them more.

We have a hard ACC schedule but I think we can score 30 points on these teams.
The D was really solid. If it holds up we will win some games.

LSU’s offense stinks, gang. Don’t get drunk off letting them score 35 (or even 28 after the Dungey pick).

They very likely may not see 30 points after this week again.

LSU’s offense stinks, gang. Don’t get drunk off letting them score 35 (or even 28 after the Dungey pick).

They very likely may not see 30 points after this week again.

Wouldn’t jump to that conclusion just yet. They won’t be great or even good. New OC who can coach, may just take time. They are 37th in yards per play, but 78th in points per game. One of those will change.

We really need to get to 4-2. And I think we can. NC ST is coming of a HUGE win at FSU, hopefully there's a hangover there coupled with our confidence building loss at LSU.
Also, after our game NCSt is facing a short week before a big Thursday night match-up with Louisville.

Is Pickard going to play this season and add some DE depth with Coleman out...or is he done? Kid has been somewhat of a disappointment since arriving at SU and hoping he can give us at least two good years moving forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom