If this is true, Marrone is out of his mind or | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If this is true, Marrone is out of his mind or

I am all for Stoutland. As a Southern CT grad and former player there i know he has a good offensive mind and and excellent recruiter
Stoutland made $395K this year at Bama and got at least a $63K bonus for getting to the BCS game. Not sure if he got another $63K for winning the game (Saban doubled his getting to the BCS game bonus by winning so this is probably true). So he made at minimum $458K this year and actually probably made $521K.

Why would he come to Syracuse for what will surely be significantly less money? Just for the chance to be an OC? He is at the most visible and prestigious program in the country. They have won 3 of the last 4 NCs. I think it would be insane for him to come here as an OC.

But I guess it can't hurt to try.

Stoutland made $395K this year at Bama and got at least a $63K bonus for getting to the BCS game. Not sure if he got another $63K for winning the game (Saban doubled his getting to the BCS game bonus by winning so this is probably true). So he made at minimum $458K this year and actually probably made $521K.

Why would he come to Syracuse for what will surely be significantly less money? Just for the chance to be an OC? He is at the most visible and prestigious program in the country. They have won 3 of the last 4 NCs. I think it would be insane for him to come here as an OC.

I am not saying he would. It would be worth a shot to try though.

Stop using logic in these threads! Let's just throw out names and assume they want to come here!

I am all for Stoutland. As a Southern CT grad and former player there i know he has a good offensive mind and and excellent recruiter

We need another member of SCT mafia to run the offense. :)

We need another member of SCT mafia to run the offense. :)
Go was Stoutland with Nick Saben at Michigan State as an OL coach and good recruiter? If so he may be the guy i was introduced to by Nick in Lansing. Really nice guy big if i can remember great wife who hated that he was gone all the time

On the flip side, his potential earnings can hit 500K but I don't think he could realistically expect that every year.

If he has any interest of getting beyond OL coach, it's an opportunity. They are going to need to pay a premium to get anyone decent.

Personally I'd rather see if Wilder has any interest in taking the Chip Kelly path.

Go was Stoutland with Nick Saben at Michigan State as an OL coach and good recruiter? If so he may be the guy i was introduced to by Nick in Lansing. Really nice guy big if i can remember great wife who hated that he was gone all the time

It doesn't look like they were at Mich St. at the same time. He's from the DeLeone/Gilbride SCT tree. GA here during the 11-0-1 year, came back as OL '97-99. Post SU, Mich St, Miami, Bama.

I like Reagan a lot..stout land would have been a better hc that oc... Wildcard would be angelichio down at tampa... Guy would really recruit as well
I think Brian will be a BCS OC sooner rather than later. He is a good recruiter with NE ties (went to Ilion High and St. Lawrence and coached at Ithaca College as OC and position coach at Pitt and Rutgers). Rutgers fans did not like to see him leave with Schiano. I would like to see Brian get this chance and believe he will do well.