If this team is as good as we all think it will be the first exhibition could | Syracusefan.com

If this team is as good as we all think it will be the first exhibition could

CaliCuse

All American
be a massive blow out. Jimmy's teams have always had a history of slow starts. It could be the nature of the game in getting the engine finely tuned and squeak free. If that happens early the race is on for the conference and big cup. The possibilities are endless for this team. Less then two weeks to get ready for some BASKETBALL OrANGEMEN STYLE.:D

The best team we've had in at least 7 years lost to LeMoyne in an exhibition. Anything is possible.

be a massive blow out. Jimmy's teams have always had a history of slow starts. It could be the nature of the game in getting the engine finely tuned and squeak free. If that happens early the race is on for the conference and big cup. The possibilities are endless for this team. Less then two weeks to get ready for some BASKETBALL OrANGEMEN STYLE.:D

Two months ago, Cali was all, "JB is losing it."
Now, the "possibilities are endless."

Two months ago, Cali was all, "JB is losing it."
Now, the "possibilities are endless."
I'm not sure yet that Jimmy still has it but his players "might. I admit I'm not a Jimmy fan but there is something you don't know and I will never post it publicly. Ever. I think my position now with Jimmy is that he is getting ready to retire and the waiting for his announcement on that could affect recruiting. I can see where opposing coaches would drop that on a recruit as a reason to go to their school and play ball instead of Syracuse. I'm betting that Mikey will not be the successor coach. I think Gross will want a higher profile presence in the Dome running the Orangemen.

First 5 games are meaningless, IMO
They are played to hone the team's basics e.g. as passing and running plays and confidence building. Those are not "meaningless" under any circumstances.

They are played to hone the team's basics e.g. as passing and running plays and confidence building. Those are not "meaningless" under any circumstances.
I meant meaningless with regards to judging this team. 2 years ago we lost to Le Moyne and 4 months later were ranked #1... Back to the slow starts, players just need to learn roles and get comfortable with taking more shot, less shots, coming off the bench, playing out of position, a new position, etc.

JB had them play man to man to teach a lesson...enough said
Still, the talent discrepancy was huge and those guys played m2m the first 18 years of their lives... its not like they were wearing ankle weights

One thing I can guarantee you cali, you have no inside knowledge about jb.

I'm not sure yet that Jimmy still has it but his players "might. I admit I'm not a Jimmy fan but there is something you don't know and I will never post it publicly. Ever. I think my position now with Jimmy is that he is getting ready to retire and the waiting for his announcement on that could affect recruiting. I can see where opposing coaches would drop that on a recruit as a reason to go to their school and play ball instead of Syracuse. I'm betting that Mikey will not be the successor coach. I think Gross will want a higher profile presence in the Dome running the Orangemen.

This reminds me of peeing into the wind. You get noticed but no one thinks better of you. If you're not going to post "it" publicly why even state this. It's Igor-ish.

The best team we've had in at least 7 years lost to LeMoyne in an exhibition. Anything is possible.
Sure it is . I don't think we loosed to LeMoyne again. But yes "its possible "!

JB is Mr. November

Slow starts? We're the best November-December team in the history of college basketball.

If you're REALLY betting Mikey,as you call him,will not be successor-can I have some of that action?

Cali, follow real close. When JB retires HOPKINS WILL BE THE H.C.