If this team makes NCAAs, this will be one of JBs alltime | Syracusefan.com

If this team makes NCAAs, this will be one of JBs alltime

Greatest coaching achievements imo. I like his and the teams chances. Just great watching these last two games. Go SU
100# agree. But before we get ahead of ourseleves, there is a rough patch coming at the end. That will tell the tale. These last 4 games were most wins.

Luckily while there are tougher games to come, really no one stands out besides Duke and UVA.

It helps that the big who you refused to involve more in the offense in the past is playing like an all american.

:)

Don't make the mistake in assuming that Rak could have done this in the past. We don't know that.

Don't make the mistake in assuming he couldn't.

But, I don't want to start that argument here. Great win and hard fought, rest up boys!

It helps that the big who you refused to involve more in the offense in the past is playing like an all american.

:)
He made a leap this summer, he wasnt at all reliable w his left last year, his footwork and hook (and jumper) have gotten so much better. But just imagine if he played like this two yrs ago. We would have won it all going away imo

He made a leap this summer, he wasnt at all reliable w his left last year, his footwork and hook (and jumper) have gotten so much better. But just imagine if he played like this two yrs ago. We would have won it all going away imo
He also couldn't stay in the game last year without fouling.

I think Boeheim is getting a decent amount of production out of this team, but coaching 7 or 8 four- and five-star prospects into the 7 seed to play-in game range isn't exactly a crown jewel in his hall of fame career.

We'll probably win a few games we shouldn't win and lose a few games we shouldn't lose, but I don't think this year's sophomore class has been developed nearly enough coming into this season to be considered an 'all-time' Boeheim coaching job. I also think when Boeheim is coaching his best we don't lose to teams like SJU and UMich in pre-conference play. This isn't a knock on Boeheim, just my opinion when I compare this season versus some years when we are firing on all cylinders, even though it wasn't expected of us.

I think Boeheim is getting a decent amount of production out of this team, but coaching 7 or 8 four- and five-star prospects into the 7 seed to play-in game range isn't exactly a crown jewel in his hall of fame career.

We'll probably win a few games we shouldn't win and lose a few games we shouldn't lose, but I don't think this year's sophomore class has been developed nearly enough coming into this season to be considered an 'all-time' Boeheim coaching job. Not a knock on Boeheim, just my opinion when I think back to the job he did developing some of our best out-of-the-blue teams.
I get your pt but i only count FOUR 4/5 star recruits that are currently playing. Cole and Cmac are out obviously. As far as i can recall TC, RP and BJ were not 4/5 star recruits?

And compare those 4 recruits to UKs 5-7 guys who might get drafted next year or in the next 2 yrs

Greatest coaching achievements imo. I like his and the teams chances. Just great watching these last two games. Go SU

JB's best coaching job = 1996. Getting to the NCAAs this year will not approach that. All the same, tonight was a great night.

JB's best coaching job = 1996. Getting to the NCAAs this year will not approach that. All the same, tonight was a great night.
I agree and no it wont nec approach that, but still up there imo. I said one of. Imo all the FFs have to come first

I get your pt but i only count FOUR 4/5 star recruits that are currently playing. Cole and Cmac are out obviously. As far as i can recall TC, RP and BJ were not 4/5 star recruits?

BJ definitely ended up top-100 and I think a four-star recruit. He blew up about 2 months after he committed to us, especially when the sites took into consideration how young he was for his class. Cooney was a 4* top-100 recruit and a top-20 SG. I think you ma be correct about Patterson though.

Still, I think most teams would kill for that talent.

Again, I'm not knocking Boeheim (I edited my original post after you quoted it), but I just don't think when he's at the top of his game when he lose 4 pre-conference games against 'peer'-type schools. 9 out of 10 years, we take at least 3 out of 4 of those games, just because our teams are more ready for college hoops in November and December than most teams we play.

BJ definitely ended up top-100 and I think a four-star recruit. He blew up about 2 months after he committed to us, especially when the sites took into consideration how young he was for his class. Cooney was a 4* top-100 recruit and a top-20 SG. I think you ma be correct about Patterson though.
Still, I think most teams would kill for that talent.

Again, I'm not knocking Boeheim (I edited my original post after you quoted it), but I just don't think when he's at the top of his game when he lose 4 pre-conference games against 'peer'-type schools. 9 out of 10 years, we take at least 3 out of 4 of those games, just because our teams are more ready for college hoops in November and December than most teams we play.

Yep, even with injuries we should always have enough talent to be one of top 68 teams in the country.

Don't make the mistake in assuming he couldn't.

But, I don't want to start that argument here. Great win and hard fought, rest up boys!

See end of bc game last year, this years rak doesn't miss

Yep, even with injuries we should always have enough talent to be one of top 68 teams in the country.
Bubble teams usually have an rpi in the 40s not the 60s

4 guys played over 40 mins tonite. Rak and Trevor didnt sit. tRob sat 1 min, G sat 3 mins. It wont be easy. Go SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom