if true, highly positive update for Big East from NY Post | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

if true, highly positive update for Big East from NY Post

I don't think you invite them unless you know they are going to accept.
Yeah, but remember who we're talking about here.

Conferene-Realignm_1153883c.jpg

Phone call to Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF ADs: "Hey guys, Big John here. How would you like to join the Big East?"

ADs: "Yeah, I guess so."

Interview with the press: "Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF are going to be invited to join the Big East."

Phone call to Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF ADs: "I forgot to mention, the invitation is for football only. Your current conferences won't have any problems with keeping your non-revenue sports, will they?"

Billiken_art_257_20080822160713.jpg

Ironic, because Majerus said last week that he would love an invite to the BE.

Yeah, but remember who we're talking about here.

Conferene-Realignm_1153883c.jpg

Phone call to Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF ADs: "Hey guys, Big John here. How would you like to join the Big East?"

ADs: "Yeah, I guess so."

Interview with the press: "Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF are going to be invited to join the Big East."

Phone call to Boise, Air Force, Navy and UCF ADs: "I forgot to mention, the invitation is for football only. Your current conferences won't have any problems with keeping your non-revenue sports, will they?"
That picture is too scary man. However, you are probably right though that is how the conservation went on between the Big East office and the other schools.