If UK wins Monday... | Syracusefan.com

If UK wins Monday...

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Your all's misery will soon end since the season will finally be over. Mine will not. Will have to hear about it from co-workers, friends, local TV, local newspaper, parades, Cal on TV, reminders all season who the NC is, etc.

Ugh!

On a positive note, it's baseball season. Go STL.

Think of it this way- at least if UK wins, they will be seen as unworthy when paypal Cal gets caught.

I live in Connecticut bro. I've never been a bigger UK fan.
I know how you feel. Likewise (I guess), I've never been a bigger UConn fan. Either way, it will be REALLY bad for one of us, and just bad anyone no matter who wins for both of us.

Think of it this way- at least if UK wins, they will be seen as unworthy when paypal Cal gets caught.
This will never happen, whether deserved or not.

Your all's misery will soon end since the season will finally be over. Mine will not. Will have to hear about it from co-workers, friends, local TV, local newspaper, parades, Cal on TV, reminders all season who the NC is, etc.

Ugh!

"Hold on thar, Baba Looey!" We still have this puppy to fight over ...

crawford-cu.jpg

:)

and UC
and UCon would become the NC

Having accepted my 2 least favorite teams advancing and with no possible way to reverse time this is my best possible scenario. UK wins and Cal leaves to coach in the NBA in turn ending their recruiting dominance. UCONN loses by 50. I can dream can't I.

Ugh!

That is nothing. I lived in Indiana in 1987. I received a phone call 30 secs after Smart's shot rubbing it in from my copilot.

Vitale was in love with Cal. Saying that anyone who thinks he can't coach is an idiot. He said that every year he starts from scratch to get kids who have been individual players to play like a team. he appeals to the one and doners by saying look at all the players I sent to the pros. Blah Blah Blah. Nothing about his scandalous past or how the one and done hurts the game.

That is nothing. I lived in Indiana in 1987. I received a phone call 30 secs after Smart's shot rubbing it in from my copilot.
You're right, that's bad. I remember that day all too well. Lived in DC area at time. Got a phone call from inlaws shortly after, not about the game. Could not talk to them, was too mad.

Best case scenario:

UK wins in a blowout,
Cal goes to the NBA,
his disgruntled mistress narcs on him for leaving her for the NBA,
his wife divorces him and takes half his money,
after the divorce is final his wife discloses her affair with Julius Randle and produces receipts for the jewelry and clothes she bought him,
KU has to vacate their title,
Cal goes 0-82 in the NBA.

Go Big Blue. UK winning changes nothing really - they already have a boatload titles, and they get the no.1 class every year anyway.

Best case scenario:

UK wins in a blowout,
Cal goes to the NBA,
after the divorce is final his wife discloses her affair with Julius Randle and produces receipts for the jewelry and clothes she bought him,
Why would Cal go to the NBA for similar money to coach a mediocre team with an 82 game grinder? He's not exactly at UMass anymore.

"Hold on thar, Baba Looey!" We still have this puppy to fight over ...

crawford-cu.jpg

:)
The season that never ends. Wake me when it's time for the Stanley Cup.

Vitale was in love with Cal. Saying that anyone who thinks he can't coach is an idiot. He said that every year he starts from scratch to get kids who have been individual players to play like a team. he appeals to the one and doners by saying look at all the players I sent to the pros. Blah Blah Blah. Nothing about his scandalous past or how the one and done hurts the game.

So, he's right. Certain posters here (not accusing you) need to accept the fact that the guy can absolutely coach and is a great motivator. That team was buried for dead after the loss to South Carolina. Now look. It ain't all talent.

EnnisEnvy said:
Ego

I think his ego is getting strokes just fine with all the final fours, possibly two NCs, the best recruiting classes year in and year out, and I'm sure his pay grade helps as well.

Once the final teams were set, my first reaction was not to bother watching the game at all, which I've never done before. My second reaction was to root for UCONN, which I know is heresy, but that's what PayPalCal and UK have done to our sport. A UK win would just validate the Steinbrennerization of college basketball and take away the one thing that separates the college from the pro game -- players who stay long enough to be identified with their school versus mercenary nomads who change colors like chameleons. Why oh why couldn't we have been treated to a Wisc-Fla matchup that really would have been worth watching?!-VBOF

Last edited:
Best case scenario:

UK wins in a blowout,
Cal goes to the NBA,
Don't you think 0-82 is a little far fetched?

I think his ego is getting strokes just fine with all the final fours, possibly two NCs, the best recruiting classes year in and year out, and I'm sure his pay grade helps as well.

So, why does any coach go to the NBA who is successful in college? I think Cal's ego is larger than most. None of these guys like failure and he was a failure in the NBA and that will stick with him. He might not go back right away but he'll go back sometime.

Once the final teams were set, my first reaction was not to bother watching the game at all, which I've never done before. My second reaction was to root for UCONN, which I know is heresy, but that's what PayPalCal and UK have done to our sport. A UK win would just validate the Steinbrennerization of college basketball and take away the one thing that separates the college from the pro game -- players who stay long enough to be identified with their school versus mercenary nomads who change colors like chameleons. Why oh why couldn't we have been treated to a Wisc-Fla matchup that really would have been worth watching?!-VBOF
Carmelo was a mercenary? Carmelo isn't identified with Syracuse? Please, that's just ridiculous. There are well over 3,000 division 1 basketball players, 6-8 players a year are one and done, if that's ruining the game for you stop watching.