If UK wins Monday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If UK wins Monday...

Carmelo was a mercenary? Carmelo isn't identified with Syracuse? Please, that's just ridiculous. There are well over 3,000 division 1 basketball players, 6-8 players a year are one and done, if that's ruining the game for you stop watching.

Point taken, but it's the five-at-a-time that's ruining it for me, not the once-in-a-decade.-VBOF

Point taken, but it's the five-at-a-time that's ruining it for me, not the once-in-a-decade.-VBOF

Is it ruining it because you can't keep up with the influx of players coming in/out? I mean UK is playing GREAT basketball. Two years ago it was GREAT basketball. UK and other teams playing high volume freshman are working within the rules of game. These five freshman at UK are beating all of the more veteran teams and are needing A to A+ performances to do so. I like seeing these teams improve as well. Probably the best Tournament to date.

EnnisEnvy said:
So, why does any coach go to the NBA who is successful in college? I think Cal's ego is larger than most. None of these guys like failure and he was a failure in the NBA and that will stick with him. He might not go back right away but he'll go back sometime.

Because Cal seems to be in an absolute perfect position right now. He is doing things that no other coach has ever done by getting these insane recruiting classes. He's getting dump trucks of cash being dumped into his bank account, and is coaching at an elite basketball school. If he loses, it's not really the biggest deal in the world because he has "freshman" and he can reset next season with 5 other top 20 prospects. Nobody who's been set up like Cal is has ever left anywhere. The talent he brings in is something that we've never seen before.

Because Cal seems to be in an absolute perfect position right now. He is doing things that no other coach has ever done by getting these insane recruiting classes. He's getting dump trucks of cash being dumped into his bank account, and is coaching at an elite basketball school. If he loses, it's not really the biggest deal in the world because he has "freshman" and he can reset next season with 5 other top 20 prospects. Nobody who's been set up like Cal is has ever left anywhere. The talent he brings in is something that we've never seen before.

Here's a thought: what happens if all 5 make a pact to return next year and win an NCAA championship? What would he tell the incoming class after promising them starting positions? Will he run out of scholarships and have to pull them from the upperclassmen still hanging on? Oh, the delicious irony! :)