If Wayne and Luke A start we have never been bigger up the middle | Syracusefan.com

If Wayne and Luke A start we have never been bigger up the middle

kcsu

Living Legend
When Wayne is over the nose and Luke is at Middle LB we will be the largest up the middle that we have ever been. Im excited to see both of these guys on the field next year.

When Wayne is over the nose and Luke is at Middle LB we will be the largest up the middle that we have ever been. Im excited to see both of these guys on the field next year.

The defensive line battle is going to be awesome. Bromley (6-4 290) at one spot is carved in stone. Here’s who will be battling for the 2 deep:

Wayne Williams (6-5 330)
Eric Crume (6-0 306)
John Raymon (6-5 320)
Devon Walls (6-5 310)
Zian Jones (6-4 315)
Ryan Sloan (6-4 310)
Marcus Coleman (6-1 260)

The size is massive and there’s some talent there to.

On top of that if we pencil in Duron Singleton in the Strong Safety spot at 6-1 210 we’re going to be very big on defense.

The defensive line battle is going to be awesome. Bromley (6-4 290) at one spot is carved in stone. Here’s who will be battling for the 2 deep:

Wayne Williams (6-5 330)
Eric Crume (6-0 306)
John Raymon (6-5 320)
Devon Walls (6-5 310)
Zian Jones (6-4 315)
Ryan Sloan (6-4 310)
Marcus Coleman (6-1 260)

On top of that if we pencil in Duron Singleton in the Strong Safety spot at 6-1 210 we’re going to be very big on defense.
Wow, I didn't realize was down to that. Wasn't he 340 when he got here?

We had huge DL/ linebackers back in the 90s (Conley/Moore we big guys)

As for the OP...with the combo at NG/MLB...he might be right.

Wayne Williams (6-5 330)
Eric Crume (6-0 306)
John Raymon (6-5 320)
Devon Walls (6-5 310)
Zian Jones (6-4 315)
Ryan Sloan (6-4 310)
Marcus Coleman (6-1 260)

I absolutely love the trend we've seen over the last couple of years.

With that said...don't be surprised if you see the very athletic Raymon play some strong side DE.

This ^^^^^. Raymon is our most athletic DT, even more so than Bromley. MPB at one end and the other spot is open. We have some good slid choices in Robinson and Manley, but keep an eye out for Donnie Simmons. Supposedly has added the weight and strength to be a player, something he didn't have when arrived here.

With that much depth, do we move anyone to guard?

With that said...don't be surprised if you see the very athletic Raymon play some strong side DE.
I'd be very surprised if he plays base DE

I honestly don't know who I'm more excited for LA or WW. I think I'm slightly more excited for WW because he’s going to dominate the middle for the next couple of years. 6'5 330 pounds, with good strength and even better athleticism?? Yes please! LA is a work horse with a great attitude. Physically, he’s a monster. If he's as fast and big as advertised, he's going to be a beast. Only thing that worries me is his past head injuries :(

I'd be very surprised if he plays base DE
I saw Johnny boy around campus a couple of times, hes interior alll dayy long.

IMO if any DT gets some snaps at DE, it is Bromley.

This ^^^^^. Raymon is our most athletic DT, even more so than Bromley. MPB at one end and the other spot is open. We have some good slid choices in Robinson and Manley, but keep an eye out for Donnie Simmons. Supposedly has added the weight and strength to be a player, something he didn't have when arrived here.

Last week someone posted a video with Raymon and Simmons doing a tug-of-war. I was very impressed with Simmons. For all the talk about Raymon being a beast and being the starter next to Bromley, I think Simmons more than held his own. Good problem to have for an undersized DE (undersized according to some on this site).

MPB-Raymon-Bromley-Trejo
Robinson-Jones-Williams-Welsh

Big and Athletic.

With our major depth at DT and lack of depth at DE, do you think we can trade a DT for a DE?

MPB-Raymon-Bromley-Trejo
Robinson-Jones-Williams-Welsh

Big and Athletic.

Far from an expert but Robinson just doesn't seem like a field end to me. I think he and Trejo will battle it out to start in the boundary and Simmons will backup MPB at field end.

let's not be confusing Raymon with Warren Sapp. Expectations are running a bit high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom